Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evil Mutant Angel Giants
Evil Mutant Angel Giants
Ive been debating religion with a Christian friend a lot recently. I'm proud to say that she admitted today that she is starting to have doubts about the Bible's accuracy because of our discussions.
The frustration comes in though with her obvious cop outs whenever we reach a certain point.
Heres an example:
while discussing all of the horrible passages in the old testament about killing children who talk back and burning alive adulterers and how it is okay to rape a female if you marry her later, she said something like: 'yeah but that's just the old testament. We no longer have to follow that. That's why god wrote the new testament.'
Then I showed her the new testament passage saying we still have to follow all of the old testament.
Her answer?
"I don't have all the answers."
Another favorite cop-outof hers is: "only God knows the answer to this".

We were talking about Genesis, she believes that in chapter 6 it says that god's angels lusted after and made babies with human females. This resulted in evil giants being born which is why God had to destroy everyone with a flood. She seriously believes that.
I was raised a lutheran and I was never taught about evil mutant angel giants. has anyone else heard of this??
RE: Evil Mutant Angel Giants
(September 26, 2012 at 7:17 am)frogger6 Wrote: Ive been debating religion with a Christian friend a lot recently. I'm proud to say that she admitted today that she is starting to have doubts about the Bible's accuracy because of our discussions.
The frustration comes in though with her obvious cop outs whenever we reach a certain point.
Heres an example:
while discussing all of the horrible passages in the old testament about killing children who talk back and burning alive adulterers and how it is okay to rape a female if you marry her later, she said something like: 'yeah but that's just the old testament. We no longer have to follow that. That's why god wrote the new testament.'
Then I showed her the new testament passage saying we still have to follow all of the old testament.
Her answer?

We were talking about Genesis, she believes that in chapter 6 it says that god's angels lusted after and made babies with human females. This resulted in evil giants being born which is why God had to destroy everyone with a flood. She seriously believes that.
I was raised a lutheran and I was never taught about evil mutant angel giants. has anyone else heard of this??

It's in there....

Quote:6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
6:7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Ask her where Cain got his wife from?
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
It's in there....

Quote:6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
6:7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

[/quote]
I've read that by 'sons of God' it did NOT mean angels, but I'm not sure what the alternative would be.

As for Cain's wife, maybe this will clear things up for you.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles...cains-wife

Keeping in mind that that's the same site where I learned that Dinosaurs obviously lived alongside men.
Hmmm.... I wonder what that site has to say about cavemen.....

Nevermind. I found it:

...In other words, we can be sure that they all descended from Adam through Noah’s family. These certainly aren’t unique species, in the sense of being something “less than modern humans”—they’re just more evidence of beautiful variations in the appearance of individuals in our one unique race. Our relatives may have looked different, but they weren’t bumbling brutes. They had the very human and God-given ability to discover creative solutions in a dangerous, sin-cursed world. And they were all rebels from God, in need of His grace.

So adam and eve had relatives who were Neanderthals. See what happens when you marry your sister?
(September 26, 2012 at 7:51 am)frogger6 Wrote: It's in there....

Quote: I've read that by 'sons of God' it did NOT mean angels, but I'm not sure what the alternative would be.

As for Cain's wife, maybe this will clear things up for you.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles...cains-wife

Keeping in mind that that's the same site where I learned that Dinosaurs obviously lived alongside men.
Hmmm.... I wonder what that site has to say about cavemen.....

Nevermind. I found it:

...In other words, we can be sure that they all descended from Adam through Noah’s family. These certainly aren’t unique species, in the sense of being something “less than modern humans”—they’re just more evidence of beautiful variations in the appearance of individuals in our one unique race. Our relatives may have looked different, but they weren’t bumbling brutes. They had the very human and God-given ability to discover creative solutions in a dangerous, sin-cursed world. And they were all rebels from God, in need of His grace.

So adam and eve had relatives who were Neanderthals. See what happens when you marry your sister?

So the Hamster is now claiming that Cain married a Neanderthal?

ROFLOL
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
So the Hamster is now claiming that Cain married a Neanderthal?

ROFLOL
[/quote]

well he says he likely married his sister or a close relative

another article says some of noah's decendants were neanderthals
(September 26, 2012 at 7:17 am)frogger6 Wrote: Ive been debating religion with a Christian friend a lot recently. I'm proud to say that she admitted today that she is starting to have doubts about the Bible's accuracy because of our discussions.
Heres an example:
Her answer?

Yes,
They were called Men of Great renoun. "Giants" according to Gen 6:4

Just because a given denomination does not teach what is written in the bible does not mean the bible does not record an event.

(September 26, 2012 at 7:38 am)Zen Badger Wrote: Ask her where Cain got his wife from?

http://atheistforums.org/thread-14190.html
The word in question, "nephilim" is translated as "giants" mainly by the awful King James Version.

Other versions of Genesis 6:4

Quote:New International Version (©1984)
The Nephilim were on the earth in those days--and also afterward--when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

New Living Translation (©2007)
In those days, and for some time after, giant Nephilites lived on the earth, for whenever the sons of God had intercourse with women, they gave birth to children who became the heroes and famous warriors of ancient times.

English Standard Version (©2001)
The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

admit that they have no idea what "nephilim" refers to and do not bother translating it.

I suppose she doesn't know that the KJV is a piece of shit, either?
(September 26, 2012 at 2:14 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The word in question, "nephilim" is translated as "giants" mainly by the awful King James Version.

I suppose she doesn't know that the KJV is a piece of shit, either?

she said she reads the New King James Version Thinking
Scripture calls them men of renown, men who did great feats, this is what made them giants among men. They were not literally giants, they were seen as great among men and had distracted man's attention from God.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(September 27, 2012 at 1:45 am)Godschild Wrote: Scripture calls them men of renown, men who did great feats, this is what made them giants among men. They were not literally giants, they were seen as great among men and had distracted man's attention from God.

ok thanks for clearing that up.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UCKG: Church tells boy 'evil spirit' hides in him zebo-the-fat 1 360 December 11, 2023 at 4:51 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Brick If everything has a purpose then evil doesn't exist zwanzig 738 38653 June 28, 2023 at 10:48 am
Last Post: emjay
  Free will and the necessary evil Mystical 133 16594 December 16, 2022 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Free will and the necessary evil Mystical 14 1545 November 11, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  Armageddon. Does it make Jesus rather evil? Greatest I am 21 2180 February 9, 2021 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Christians pray evil away on the winter solstice. brewer 9 1009 December 29, 2020 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The Angel of Death.... ronedee 14 1853 September 29, 2020 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Hitler was genocidal and evil. Yahweh’s genocides are good; say Christians, Muslims & Greatest I am 25 2352 September 14, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  angel story video form Drich 107 10316 April 23, 2020 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Drich
  lying angel - silly ol' Gabriel - just musings drfuzzy 13 1993 December 24, 2017 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Banned