Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isn't it odd that....
Isn't it odd that....
a friggin' lizard has the capacity to regrow an amputated limb but us divinely engineered, image of fucking god humans, are totally fucked if we lose a limb. Even theists with all their prayers to their various deities can't seem to get even one amputated limb regrown...but these little critters do it all the time.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/201...152139.htm

Quote:Understanding How Salamanders Grow New Limbs Provides Insights Into Potential of Human Regenerative Medicine
RE: Isn't it odd that....
(September 26, 2012 at 1:38 pm)Minimalist Wrote: a friggin' lizard has the capacity to regrow an amputated limb but us divinely engineered, image of fucking god humans, are totally fucked if we lose a limb. Even theists with all their prayers to their various deities can't seem to get even one amputated limb regrown...but these little critters do it all the time.
what's creepy is the newest advances in biology as oppose the last few centuries of PURELY chemistry and physics

I hope, I live long enough for us to discover cold fusion, and warp speed.............. just to hear the craaaaaaaaaaaazy religous argument as to why it's "evil"
(September 26, 2012 at 1:46 pm)cratehorus Wrote: what's creepy is the newest advances in biology as oppose the last few centuries of PURELY chemistry and physics

I hope, I live long enough for us to discover cold fusion, and warp speed.............. just to hear the craaaaaaaaaaaazy religous argument as to why it's "evil"

in the works:
NASA Starts Work on Real Life Star Trek Warp Drive
I heard the advanced propulsion lab was defunded.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(September 26, 2012 at 1:46 pm)cratehorus Wrote:
(September 26, 2012 at 1:38 pm)Minimalist Wrote: a friggin' lizard has the capacity to regrow an amputated limb but us divinely engineered, image of fucking god humans, are totally fucked if we lose a limb. Even theists with all their prayers to their various deities can't seem to get even one amputated limb regrown...but these little critters do it all the time.
what's creepy is the newest advances in biology as oppose the last few centuries of PURELY chemistry and physics

Actually those things would be awesome, cheap safe energy and one kick in the butt ride through God's great creation.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
I don't think we'll ever find so-called "warp speed," but it'd be interesting if we could somehow manage to find a way to do accurate, dimensional tunneling. If the multiverse theory is true...that would be quite a mindfucking experiencing.
(September 27, 2012 at 2:04 am)Godschild Wrote:
(September 26, 2012 at 1:46 pm)cratehorus Wrote: what's creepy is the newest advances in biology as oppose the last few centuries of PURELY chemistry and physics

Actually those things would be awesome, cheap safe energy and one kick in the butt ride through God's great creation.

Be sure to put an angel-catcher on the front of the ship.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
... Why? The spaceship won't run on angel's, will it? And won't the harps get stuck in the engines?
Nemo me impune lacessit.
(September 27, 2012 at 3:24 am)Stue Denim Wrote: ... Why? The spaceship won't run on angel's, will it? And won't the harps get stuck in the engines?

I'm sure if we try hard enough we can get it to run on angels.

Hur hur hur.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Limb regeneration is uber fucking cool. That is all.