Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 3, 2024, 2:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello to all
Hello to all
My name is Fred B and I'm an atheist. I was christened in a Church of England, went to church regularly took confirmation classes and realised that I didn't believe a word of what I was being taught and at the age of 12 became an atheist.
RE: Hello to all
Welcome freddo,

12 is about the age my mother found Christ. Well, she didn't want us to go to hell so we all went to church. I worship Atheos now and his wrath be upon all who shun him! He has a stable of invisible pink unicorns tended by Eris the goddess of discord. "Kallisti!" she says as she rolls her golden apple toward the middle of us all. I wonder why there are so few pirates? Could be the weather...

Rhizo
Many thanks, Rhizo for the welcome! Not sure yet what I'm looking for on here, but I have decamped from Yahoo Answers trying to point out to 12 year old (well, that's the intellectual age of most on there) Christians why their beliefs in Christianity are illogical, but my head is sore and felt like the company of intellectual adults.

Hope not to find too much of Eris' influence on here!
So at age 12 you decided you would be tossed into the pits of hellfire and damnation for all of eternity? Brave young soul you had there. How old are you now?

Here's a pic of you when you die for turning your back on me. [Image: bluetongue.gif]

[Image: hell-2-by-jack-chick.gif]
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Lol Dotard,

No 'twas me mah what thought I was to be tossed into damnation. I liked the fellowship, stories, and pagentry of it all. I was right pissed off that I had no choice in the matter and my mom fucked up my whole day by yelling at me to go to church, YAY God!

I am 34 now and have been an atheist proper for about two years. After I turned 23 and Before I was 32 it was all agnostic boo bah and pantheistic goo gah. From 12 to 23 I was a very liberal theist, mostly christian, who studied all religions and tried to come up with a unified theory of god. I got my mind on my money now and am trying to work out a theory of economic behavior that can make me rich and perhaps balance, um, everything.

I have four weeks left until I graduate and then I will probably recede from this forum because I will be busy living. One never knows...

Rhizo
Welcome freddo Wink

Good to see you're joining in the fun already.
Uh, I was responding / talking to Freddo, not you Rhizo. I saw your mum try to save you from the pits of hell. She failed.

Just so you don't feel left out, here's your hell I have devised for you.

(I deliberatly made yours much cooler than freddo's. Cooler as in neat-o factor, not temperature.)

[Image: hell-by-jack-chick.gif]
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
/facepalm to myself
Ok, this is going to take some getting used to.

Remember Adrian, Fr0d0 = Christian, freddo = atheist

So, freddo, you believe Jesus died for your...argh...fuck it.

Welcome to the forums Big Grin
(July 23, 2009 at 9:28 pm)freddo Wrote: My name is Fred B and I'm an atheist. I was christened in a Church of England, went to church regularly took confirmation classes and realised that I didn't believe a word of what I was being taught and at the age of 12 became an atheist.
Sounds somewhat familiar, freddo. Welcome to the forum.
"I'm like a rabbit suddenly trapped, in the blinding headlights of vacuous crap" - Tim Minchin in "Storm"
Christianity is perfect bullshit, christians are not - Purple Rabbit, honouring CS Lewis
Faith is illogical - fr0d0

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello to all SimpleCaveman 52 3636 November 29, 2023 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: SimpleCaveman
  Hello y'all BillieBobbie 3 729 January 18, 2023 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Objectivist
  Twitter refugee, hello all Dizzyagain 27 1790 October 20, 2020 at 7:32 pm
Last Post: Dizzyagain
  Hello All! Smedders 11 743 December 29, 2019 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Hello all Bmanne 23 2991 December 12, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: sebaslopez
  Hello All Mark Alien 24 2702 August 7, 2019 at 11:25 am
Last Post: veoli
  Hello all ohio_drg 13 1350 September 28, 2018 at 7:08 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Hi all - new here is all.... val5662 15 2167 March 18, 2017 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Hello all I am new at the forums blackstar 15 3316 October 21, 2015 at 4:18 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello all ! webrn 32 4265 October 18, 2015 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Losty