Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flesh eating bacteria.
Flesh eating bacteria.
A new saint

A 'miracle cure' indoctrinates the first native American as a saint.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
RE: Flesh eating bacteria.
Of course science had nothing to do with it?

More like Vegemite should be canonized me thinks Undecided
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Isn't that basically beer scum?
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
So let me get this straight, kid comes down with necrotizing fasciitis, ends up in a trauma unit where he is given top notch care and attention known to be successful at treating said infection....and when said treatment and care pays off....

Hallelujah, Praise Jesus, it's a fucking miracle!

I think it's more likely that the Vatican sees a good PR opportunity (as opposed to an actual miracle) here.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
This has been a story for quite some time, but I guess it takes a while for shit to move through the church (odd, considering how open most of their assholes are).

How come no one asks why god allowed the kid to come up with the disease in the first place?
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
[Image: T7F8D.jpg]

(October 20, 2012 at 11:04 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: How come no one asks why god allowed the kid to come up with the disease in the first place?

Answer: Because god had every intention of healing this boy and show us the power of his might through our prayers. God did it to strengthen our faith.

But what about all the children that god doesn't save and kills off in a slow agonizing death?

Answer: Confused uumm, god works in mysterious ways and uhh, we can't presume to know his mighty plan.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Quote:Jake is fully convinced, as is the church, that the prayers his family and community offered to Kateri

So, these fuckheads were praying to some indian before he was a "saint?"

Isn't that idolatry and a violation of their fucking ten commandments?

Shouldn't the whole crowd burn in hell forever for this transgression?
(October 20, 2012 at 11:19 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Jake is fully convinced, as is the church, that the prayers his family and community offered to Kateri

So, these fuckheads were praying to some indian before he was a "saint?"

Isn't that idolatry and a violation of their fucking ten commandments?

Shouldn't the whole crowd burn in hell forever for this transgression?

Ha ha ha, yeah, that's what I was thinking. It's kind of like the rock analogy; praying to a rock has the same 'success' rate as praying to god and the same success rate as praying to a deceased 17th century native American. Oh the irony, they don't even get it...
(On that note, if he had prayed to some random person, would he have been a saint? [maybe?] What about a lizard, would it be named The Holy Gecko? [doubt it] I bet they would discriminate against that poor rock though, and all because it's an inanimate object...jerks Wink )

I just realized that they were praying to Kateri...he's not god...at all...not even close...
So rather than saying "Agh! You prayed to a false diety! Burn!", they say "See? He had the power of the lord!" Of course if the kid had dies they would have blamed it on praying to something other than god.
Also:
Quote:"I think this Sunday Jake will define his purpose, and that's to make Kateri a saint."
This is his mother talking. That's pretty sad... Sad
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
It really is hard to get much stupider than a catholic....although judging by some of the fundies around here it can be done.
(October 20, 2012 at 7:22 pm)Minimalist Wrote: It really is hard to get much stupider than a catholic....although judging by some of the fundies around here it can be done.

Is that to say that catholics are even less logical than the other denominations? I used to be catholic, but I really don't know the differences between it and other forms.
I do concur that the events surrounding this article are, indeed, shockingly stupid.
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The proof of the pudding is in the eating Rokcet Scientist 0 1105 March 19, 2012 at 6:00 am
Last Post: Rokcet Scientist