Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Derren Brown Thread
Derren Brown Thread
Any other Derren Brown fans on here? If so what is your favourite thing he has done? Are you watching Apocalypse?

I've always been a fan of his and I think he's just getting better and better. The Experiments were incredible and Apocalypse looks like it'll follow suit.

For anyone who's sat there wondering who the fuck Derren Brown is he's a British illusionist/psychologist/entertainer and he combines all three to make some absolutely fantastic TV.

Here's a taste;

'Always you have to contend with the stupidity of men' - Henry David Thoreau
RE: Derren Brown Thread
I would not be amused.
Was he the one who taught the guy to be a faith-healer? That was pretty good.

oh wow yeah festive, This would be dickish (If I believed it*).

It wasn't explained to the friends what was going on, who acts like that?
The guys rolling on the floor, liable to get their heads kicked in, he's already shooting them...
Nemo me impune lacessit.
(October 29, 2012 at 1:06 am)Hughsie Wrote: Any other Derren Brown fans on here? If so what is your favourite thing he has done? Are you watching Apocalypse?

I've seen him or heard him before on podcasts talking about how to do cold readings, so as to appear to have psychic abilities. I like his work, though this video game stunt seemed really extreme and the reaction of the dupes friends leaves me wondering if everything was as it appeared.
[Image: generic_sig.jpg]
(October 29, 2012 at 4:59 am)Stue Denim Wrote: Was he the one who taught the guy to be a faith-healer? That was pretty good.

Yep, definitely worth a watch and very relevant to an atheism forum. If you're in the UK you can see it on 4oD I think but I'm not sure about people from the US.

I'd also recommend The Assassin if anyone knows where to find it. He tries his hand at using hypnotism to program someone to assassinate a celebrity and then forget all about it.
'Always you have to contend with the stupidity of men' - Henry David Thoreau

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4140 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Linda Brown of Brown v. Board of Education died (76) Cecelia 2 567 March 27, 2018 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  What do you guys think of Chris Brown after he threatened a woman with a gun? Tarasoft11 47 6664 September 16, 2016 at 1:26 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  Derren Brown: Pushed to the Edge Fidel_Castronaut 33 3097 January 24, 2016 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  Micheal Brown deserved to be shot. paulpablo 129 15026 December 10, 2014 at 12:59 am
Last Post: Lao Shizi
  The brown coats corner Lemonvariable72 4 1018 May 18, 2014 at 4:45 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb