Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:54 am

Poll: Did he deserve to be shot.
This poll is closed.
Yes
6.00%
3 6.00%
Probably
16.00%
8 16.00%
Don't know
14.00%
7 14.00%
Probably not
16.00%
8 16.00%
No
48.00%
24 48.00%
Total 50 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Micheal Brown deserved to be shot.
Micheal Brown deserved to be shot.
What do you think?

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Micheal Brown deserved to be shot.
Might want to revise the question to: Did Micheal Brown deserve to be shot dead?
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
No and fuck you
(December 4, 2014 at 1:17 pm)simplemoss Wrote: No and fuck you

Calm yourself, it's simply a question. You and I know that Michael Brown was a star pupil on his way home from volunteering at the local animal shelter and that evil KKK wizard shot him right after he finished helping an old lady cross the street, but not everyone knows that. Mmmkay?
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(December 4, 2014 at 1:16 pm)Bad Wolf Wrote: Might want to revise the question to: Did Micheal Brown deserve to be shot dead?

This question is fine for now. Just did he deserve to be shot at all.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

I dont care if you punch a fucking cop in the head. You do not deserve to be shot. He had no gun. Cops need to learn appropriate levels of force.
Your thread title is a statement and not a question. Dodgy

You might get better results if you didn't fan the flames before people even get a chance to look at the question.

He was unarmed. He didn't deserve to be shot.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(December 4, 2014 at 1:27 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Your thread title is a statement and not a question. Dodgy

You might get better results if you didn't fan the flames before people even get a chance to look at the question.

He was unarmed. He didn't deserve to be shot.

It is my opinion that he deserved to be shot. I think if someone is crazy enough to attack an armed policeman they deserve to be shot. I know it's not a popular opinion.

I also believe in other cases where a police officer has killed someone with no reason they deserved to be charged for murder but I don't think this was one of those cases.
If a policeman breaks a guys arm they should be fired and charged for GBH.
If a guy robs a store using intimidation and violence then walks down a street and from what I heard he attacks a police officer then yeh I think that deserves a shooting.

Police officers have plenty of nonlethal alternatives. I guess I should reaffirm my position here, I don't think he deserved to be shot dead. Shoot him in the leg/knee/shoulder if your only option is to use a firearm. There are plenty of ways to stop a person that don't include shooting said person six times, twice in the head. He didn't deserve that.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(December 4, 2014 at 1:35 pm)paulpablo Wrote: If a guy robs a store using intimidation and violence then walks down a street and from what I heard he attacks a police officer then yeh I think that deserves a shooting.

I...would suggest doing some reason from multiple source viewpoints.. "from what I heard" isn't a very good way to tackle these sorts of heated issues...
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pushing the flu shot Foxaèr 11 1073 October 16, 2021 at 11:37 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Linda Brown of Brown v. Board of Education died (76) Cecelia 2 567 March 27, 2018 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  What do you guys think of Chris Brown after he threatened a woman with a gun? Tarasoft11 47 6658 September 16, 2016 at 1:26 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  Derren Brown: Pushed to the Edge Fidel_Castronaut 33 3094 January 24, 2016 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  The brown coats corner Lemonvariable72 4 1017 May 18, 2014 at 4:45 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Take Your Best Shot freedomfromforum 11 2925 September 19, 2013 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Hit Me With Your Best Shot. Brian37 24 6331 April 16, 2013 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Seal who shot Bin Laden speaks out. Phish 22 7095 February 14, 2013 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Derren Brown Thread Hughsie 4 1649 October 29, 2012 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: Hughsie
  NY POLICE CHIEF: COPS SHOT ALL 9 BYSTANDER VICTIMS 5thHorseman 6 2430 August 25, 2012 at 3:49 pm
Last Post: Cyberman