Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Britain's Backstreet Exorcists
Britain's Backstreet Exorcists
This is so very disheartening:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20357997

I had no idea that woo of this kind was alive and well in this septic isle.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: Britain's Backstreet Exorcists
I love the strategy of saying some people that think they are possessed actually have a mental illness. That way he can deflect any criticism that he is taking advantage of the mentally ill.

"No, he's not mentally ill. I know it's a Jinn, because I can tell the difference!"
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
What do you expect?

When people migrate into a country, they bring their barbaric traditions, problems and mental disabilities with them.

The British themselves aren't immune to this problem. Instead of abandoning ship and seeking the good life elsewhere, everyone should stop a second, sort out their lives first, before integrating into another society and culture elsewhere.
(November 19, 2012 at 1:54 pm)Stimbo Wrote: This is so very disheartening:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20357997

I had no idea that woo of this kind was alive and well in this septic isle.

I saw a Muslim chap walking down a high street in Birmingham on my walk to work the other day with a hoodie [sic] that had "EVILution" printed on bold white letters on the back.

I, too, share your sadness, but unfortunately I think there's a lot crazy people with crazy beliefs out there that slip under the radar.

Of course, the Church of England is an example of crazyness that is not so clandestine...
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Britain! Minimalist 22 2915 October 31, 2016 at 5:38 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Being an ex-muslim in Britain Napoléon 24 4572 October 13, 2015 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: WinterHold