Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 6:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Game) Misrepresentations of Evolution.
Rainbow 
(Game) Misrepresentations of Evolution.
I want to start a game here. The rules are simple:

Give an example of a misrepresentation of the theory of evolution. I'm not talking about creationist liars.

I'll start with...

Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7, Episode 19 Genesis.

In this episode, the crew starts to "devolve." Anybody decently familiar with the theory of evolution will know that evolution states that this kind of event is simply impossible.
RE: (Game) Misrepresentations of Evolution.
I don't know man. You see some of the apes walking around out in our society today? Seems like devolving might just be possible.
Possibility?

[Image: Bush%20Monkey.jpg]

It's already happened!
(November 25, 2012 at 3:10 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Possibility?

It's already happened!

Yes, yes, evidence is now clearly undeniable.
There is a problem with the transmission of scientific theories, through journalism, in that many journalists, are not scientifically trained and present evidence in a very poor way. Also there are scientists and more evidently mathematicians that use very poor analogies. and there is also a problem that a lot of members of the wider public get their information on science through science fiction dramas rather than fact.
Given this I would be more hard pressed to find a solid representation of evolution than I would to find a problematic representation of the theory.
Parasite Eve, nuff said.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Uhhhhhh. I throw poop.
X-Men. All of X-Men.
I think the greatest misrepresentation of evolution is the insinuation by Christians that atheists think Christians ever actually underwent any evolution from monkeys.
(November 26, 2012 at 2:34 am)overlord fombax Wrote: X-Men. All of X-Men.

Oh, yes! I didn't even think of that!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intelligent design type evolution vs naturalism type evolution. Mystic 59 30219 April 6, 2013 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Species: Artificial Life, Real Evolution PC Game QuQuasar 8 16950 November 27, 2012 at 5:36 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger