Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open letter to my two corporate-whore Senators
Open letter to my two corporate-whore Senators
Dear Sen. McConnell, (copied to Sen. Rand Paul)

As you and other Republicans in the Senate and House negotiate with President Obama over the "fiscal cliff", I as one Kentucky voter would like to let you know my wishes. Given the recent election results and polling done on this subject, I don't think I'm alone.

First, tax cuts for the wealthy need to expire. Please do not lecture me on "job creators". I AM one of those job creators as I am the owner of a small business. I also have a functioning memory and the last 30 years have proven that tax cuts for the wealthy do not stimulate the economy nor do they spur job creation. As long as the rich get to keep their tax cuts, the American people do not owe one dime in austerity cuts.

Second, the defense budget needs to be substantially cut from its current level. President George H. W. Bush promised us a "peace dividend" when the Cold War ended. Over 20 years later, it's way past time that promise was fulfilled. As long as the Pentagon gets to keep its bloated Cold War budget, the American people do not owe one dime in austerity cuts.

Subsides for oil companies and other examples corporate welfare need to end. The oil companies are some of the most profitable companies in America so they will do fine without it. As long as corporate welfare continues, the American people do not owe one dime in austerity cuts.

Medicare and Social Security must be taken off the table. Period.

The American people spoke loud and clear in the recent election. It's only through gerrymandering that your party held on to the House. If you continue to ignore the wishes of the voters, I predict that Republicans will suffer more defeats at the ballot box in 2014 and 2016.

Sincerely...

[Note to this forum:

I have no illusion they will care and I'll probably get a form letter response as I always do but hey, it's one more voice from the masses. They may listen to us if they hear it enough.

And I resisted the temptation to call them corporate whores. It would be insulting to prostitutes everywhere. At least they only sell their own bodies.]
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
RE: Open letter to my two corporate-whore Senators
+1 for you, for working the system! It might not always work, but if enough people do it, it just might Big Grin
May as well talk to a wall as those two pieces of shit, D-P.
More often than not, those letters are for the good of the author.

One likely will not change the system whatsoever, but it does allow one to relieve some angst about our dirty fucking politicians.

...and that to me, does have some value. I'm a letter writer too DP.
[Image: Evolution.png]

I'm afraid these letters are handled the same way they handle letters addressed to Santa Claus.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
all those are about the budget, the budget is a republican talking point, basically it means whenever americans want something done, a teabagger shouts "THE BUDGET!!!" and nothing gets done. The only reason ANYONE is even discussing the budget is because republicans want them too. So if you think the budget is important then your fascist conservative yourself, and you should just go ahead and join the republican party. We will NEVER be debt free, we will NEVER have 0% unemployement, but we will ALWAYS be able to shout the the phrase "THE BUDGET!!!" to confuse the shit out of people.

this is is strictly white supremacist propaganda............ the budget is fine, the debt is fine, the economy is fine, there is a bunch of other shit fucked up in the world, but as long as the wealthiest nation is preoccupied with their budget, we can't do a damn thing about it.

seriously why do you care about the fiscal cliff......... because CNN told you too worry about it?
Quote:whenever americans want something done, a teabagger shouts "THE BUDGET!!!"

Almost. It's whenever a DEMOCRAT wants something done. When Bush the Stupid was President he spent money like a drunken sailor and these phony phuckwads remained quiet as mice.

Some would say that they are full of shit.

Me, being one of them!
Seconded... and do we have someone willing to pass the measure???
Rand Paul is a corporate whore? Since when?
(December 1, 2012 at 12:23 am)DeistPaladin Wrote: Dear Sen. McConnell, (copied to Sen. Rand Paul)

As you and other Republicans in the Senate and House negotiate with President Obama over the "fiscal cliff", I as one Kentucky voter would like to let you know my wishes. Given the recent election results and polling done on this subject, I don't think I'm alone.

First, tax cuts for the wealthy need to expire. Please do not lecture me on "job creators". I AM one of those job creators as I am the owner of a small business. I also have a functioning memory and the last 30 years have proven that tax cuts for the wealthy do not stimulate the economy nor do they spur job creation. As long as the rich get to keep their tax cuts, the American people do not owe one dime in austerity cuts.

Second, the defense budget needs to be substantially cut from its current level. President George H. W. Bush promised us a "peace dividend" when the Cold War ended. Over 20 years later, it's way past time that promise was fulfilled. As long as the Pentagon gets to keep its bloated Cold War budget, the American people do not owe one dime in austerity cuts.

Subsides for oil companies and other examples corporate welfare need to end. The oil companies are some of the most profitable companies in America so they will do fine without it. As long as corporate welfare continues, the American people do not owe one dime in austerity cuts.

Medicare and Social Security must be taken off the table. Period.

The American people spoke loud and clear in the recent election. It's only through gerrymandering that your party held on to the House. If you continue to ignore the wishes of the voters, I predict that Republicans will suffer more defeats at the ballot box in 2014 and 2016.

Sincerely...

[Note to this forum:

I have no illusion they will care and I'll probably get a form letter response as I always do but hey, it's one more voice from the masses. They may listen to us if they hear it enough.

And I resisted the temptation to call them corporate whores. It would be insulting to prostitutes everywhere. At least they only sell their own bodies.]
Why should they listen to you...You sound like a angry little propagandized leftist peon who's only repeating what he heard on MSLSD news and the class warfare rhetoric he heard from the democrat campaign.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An Open Discussion on Russian Identity Leonardo17 10 998 December 4, 2023 at 11:54 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Two things I want to talk about, politics wise ShinyCrystals 39 2337 September 23, 2023 at 6:39 am
Last Post: no one
  Big Two G2 USA and China Interaktive 19 1257 May 17, 2021 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Does rasising the corporate tax rate help or hurt? jasonelijah 16 804 March 30, 2021 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  An Open Letter to Congress Secular Elf 14 960 March 4, 2020 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 1603 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  Open borders onlinebiker 263 15417 August 14, 2019 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Two Old Pros - Doing Their Thing Minimalist 8 1024 November 28, 2018 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Dem senators unveil expanded public option for health insurance Aegon 19 3784 April 26, 2018 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Aegon
  Two minutes to midnight Jackalope 2 559 January 26, 2018 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Jackalope