Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dem senators unveil expanded public option for health insurance
Dem senators unveil expanded public option for health insurance
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/383...-insurance

Finally, some Democrats are getting it. We get closer and closer to a two-tier system every minute. Progress is slow, but inevitable. Flip the House!
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
RE: Dem senators unveil expanded public option for health insurance
I think it's hilarious that the Republicans railed against Obamacare for years, and when they finally took control, they didn't have a replacement bill ready and cobbled together one quickly (which failed). Meanwhile the Democrats know they won't get this passed anytime soon, but they are at least working on solutions to problems that they can hopefully enact later.
(April 19, 2018 at 9:17 am)Aegon Wrote: http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/383...-insurance

Finally, some Democrats are getting it. We get closer and closer to a two-tier system every minute. Progress is slow, but inevitable. Flip the House!

I can't say good things and i refuse too. We should have Medicare for all like the rest of the world and private insurance should be an afterthought. 
Privatized healthcare only good if you have a good paying job otherwise cheaper HMO's are practically almost...worthless in a sense.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(April 19, 2018 at 9:42 am)Tiberius Wrote: I think it's hilarious that the Republicans railed against Obamacare for years, and when they finally took control, they didn't have a replacement bill ready and cobbled together one quickly (which failed). Meanwhile the Democrats know they won't get this passed anytime soon, but they are at least working on solutions to problems that they can hopefully enact later.

As "Fire and Fury" made abundantly clear, the republicunts did not expect to win in 2016.  So why waste time on coming up with any actual solutions?
(April 19, 2018 at 9:42 am)Tiberius Wrote: I think it's hilarious that the Republicans railed against Obamacare for years, and when they finally took control, they didn't have a replacement bill ready and cobbled together one quickly (which failed). Meanwhile the Democrats know they won't get this passed anytime soon, but they are at least working on solutions to problems that they can hopefully enact later.

Just give everyone insurance through the government it's cheaper than with a private company that has no pricing controls or pricing regulations. And if need be 
said insurance companies can still offer insurance but have to at a cheaper rate to compete with insurance the government is handing out if said person wants to switch over to
the other private insurance program.

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(April 20, 2018 at 6:27 pm)dyresand Wrote:

Just give everyone insurance through the government it's cheaper than with a private company that has no pricing controls or pricing regulations. And if need be 
said insurance companies can still offer insurance but have to at a cheaper rate to compete with insurance the government is handing out if said person wants to switch over to
the other private insurance program.

Similar to here (NZ).  Everyone has a level of insurance which covers doctor's visits, emergency care, meds, ambulance service and so on.  There are also private insurers you can go to if you want to supplement government care.  It seems to work very well, and there's precious little bitching about it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 20, 2018 at 6:24 pm)dyresand Wrote:
(April 19, 2018 at 9:17 am)Aegon Wrote: http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/383...-insurance

I can't say good things and i refuse too. We should have Medicare for all like the rest of the world and private insurance should be an afterthought. 
Privatized healthcare only good if you have a good paying job otherwise cheaper HMO's are practically almost...worthless in a sense.

By "the rest of the world" you mean like, two dozen western European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and Japan?
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
It essentially seems like a public option, which is a good thing. I guess they're trying to prove to the public that Medicare-for-all can work without forcing anything. Thing is though, most of America already wants it. But if something like this can pass in the future, I'm all for it. But I kind of also wonder if it's mostly just posturing because they know it can't go through. Obviously, the Trumpster Fire is going to veto anything like that even if we get a majority in Congress.

(April 22, 2018 at 8:38 am)CapnAwesome Wrote:
(April 20, 2018 at 6:24 pm)dyresand Wrote: I can't say good things and i refuse too. We should have Medicare for all like the rest of the world and private insurance should be an afterthought. 

By "the rest of the world" you mean like, two dozen western European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and Japan?

I guess he could have said, "The industrialized world." or "First World Countries."
We can afford a public option like the way we can afford to throw trillions at the military it's just that we don't do it and we choose not to do it.
We can afford these things and like education and free college, the return on investment is good rather than bad. A public option at this point is pointless.
I say it because it's true and we need drastic V.A. improvement along with helping veterans who are homeless. If we can afford trillions of dollars on military spending
we more than enough to help people here at home.

And public option double speaks for take this and be happy or don't get anything at all.
We already been down this road with Obamacare and obamacare itself is a right-wing policy it worked but it had no pricing controls and it got expensive and the quality of healthcare for cheaper options
are bad. I mean already on a cheaper healthcare plan and it barely does anything for me. You get more care and better care outside of the private insurance market with the government until we get Medicare for all were kinda going back to the pre obamacare days.

Code:
(April 22, 2018 at 9:32 am)The Industrial Atheist Wrote: It essentially seems like a public option, which is a good thing. I guess they're trying to prove to the public that Medicare-for-all can work without forcing anything. Thing is though, most of America already wants it. But if something like this can pass in the future, I'm all for it. But I kind of also wonder if it's mostly just posturing because they know it can't go through. Obviously, the Trumpster Fire is going to veto anything like that even if we get a majority in Congress.

(April 22, 2018 at 8:38 am)CapnAwesome Wrote: By "the rest of the world" you mean like, two dozen western European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and Japan?

I guess he could have said, "The industrialized world." or "First World Countries."

Well the industrialized world wouldn't be accurate either.

It drives me crazy when people say "the whole world but the USA....." and then leave out most of the world.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump Ally Calls for Public Executions ZoomerTrumper 1 258 February 26, 2024 at 11:52 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Trump Ally Calls for Public Executions ZoomerTrumper 1 253 February 26, 2024 at 11:39 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Should public transportation be free? Fake Messiah 41 2764 July 26, 2022 at 3:54 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  [Serious] The Mental Health Crisis T.J. 14 1243 December 1, 2021 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: brewer
  [Serious] Who's your favorite Dem candidate? EgoDeath 57 5347 October 22, 2019 at 2:50 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 1621 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  Dem debates Brian37 48 2792 July 3, 2019 at 11:38 am
Last Post: Aegon
  Just report the GD report to the public and settle this Equinox25 3 267 March 24, 2019 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: Lek
  What would you change about the American public school system? Bahana 53 6079 April 17, 2018 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Homosexuality should be forbidden in public Sopra 33 3399 February 28, 2018 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Amarok