Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MC Teaser
MC Teaser
Here's some screenies from a little thing I've been tinkering with on our MC server. Punching trees is for pansies!

She's about 90% done at the moment, I'm in the process of debugging the board and getting her a program written. I still need to build a proper user input panel(currently takes binary input directly) and I've left a large chunk towards the rear for peripherals.

Some specs for those that care.

Hello Dave.

Overhead

Sunrise through the bus

Just a few more

Gotta give some credit on this build to Tibs, for hosting the server, and OTNAngel for helping me wire her up.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
RE: MC Teaser
Really cool build (even cooler when I'm flying around it).

Does anyone else notice His Noodliness in this image?

[Image: 20121211090710.png]
To provide comparison, my builds on tekkit (a collection of mods for minecraft) generally focus on being compact and automate various mechanical tasks. Computers come packaged with tekkit so there's no reason to build them out of piles of wool..lol.

In this case, the tiny machine you see automates everything one might do that involves mining. It quarries two (but can handle up to eight)areas 64mX64m from the sky limit to bedrock, pipes everything into a sorter which separates the trash (which is recycled for a later process) from the valuables. It then processes those valuables (smelts the ore and craft-condenses them for storage) piping the output to yet another sorter which then deposits the material in a painstakingly organized (color coded no less) series of storage chests.

I also added a picture of the renewable energy source that fuels all of this. It's mostly wind (with some solar and geothermal) which prevents me from having to burn resources to collect resources - increasing my overall mining operation yield.

The Machine

The Source(tethered to the ground a few hundred meters below...my op is completely subterranean-zero above ground footprint)

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
An overhead of two mathematical circuits.
[Image: twomath.png]

The one on the right is pretty much a standard ripple carry adder. Leveraged a little Big O and found that my carry line was slowing me down. So, reworked her (exploiting game mechanics..after finding that a real carry look ahead was a wiring nightmare -due- to game mechanics) and got the circuit on the left. It's much faster (even at just 4 bits - and of course the more bits we need to carry the faster the design becomes compared to the one on the right). Also, as a bonus, the design was much more compact, allowing me to add a module to the front to handle subtraction in roughly the same amount of space. So, faster, more powerful, similar footprint. A much more elegant design.

For internet video game science!