Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism & Twitter
Atheism & Twitter
Religion News (secular news service in the US) have an article on twitter & atheists: http://www.religionnews.com/index.php?/r..._twitter1/

Some quotes:
Quote:As the global exchange of ideas rapidly increases because of the Internet, one atheist has taken it upon himself to tutor other nonbelievers in effective use of Twitter. Tiberius, a blogger from England, identifies tips for being a “successful atheist on Twitter” on his Web site AtheistBlogger.com.

Hayter encourages “tweeps”—people on Twitter—to show their own personality, post interesting updates that spark dialogue between both the religious and the non-religious.

Aside from promoting responsible and effective “tweeting” on his blog, Hayter uses Atheist Nexus and Skype, a free online video chat program, to participate in virtual meetings with other blogger-atheists from the U.S., Australia and Canada.

W00t! I get interviewed by American media now Big Grin

Anyway, I'm on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ah8r

My article that got me the interview: http://atheistblogger.com/2009/07/20/how...n-twitter/
RE: Atheism & Twitter
Nice one! Smile Congratulations
Well done Ade!

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
Bravo Smile You know, the next huge advancement in modern communication will be a telephone.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(August 15, 2009 at 5:25 am)Saerules Wrote: Bravo Smile You know, the next huge advancement in modern communication will be a telephone.
I conducted the interview over the telephone...so...nyahhhh!!! Big Grin
Yeah... it's pretty fucking cool.

Good job Adrian.

EvF
Congrats Adrian! I'm extremely impressed! Big Grin
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
Damn, that's cool Big Grin
[Image: Skullkidsig.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27102 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  FB and Twitter/insta friends atheistinNYC 3 1043 November 30, 2015 at 10:21 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12468 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 12138 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite
  Debate share, young earth? atheism coverup? atheism gain? xr34p3rx 13 10476 March 16, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  A different definition of atheism. Atheism isn't simply lack of belief in god/s fr0d0 14 12004 August 1, 2012 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  I found an odd user on Twitter. Jrmd2012 4 1931 May 15, 2012 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  "Old" atheism, "New"atheism, atheism 3.0, WTF? leo-rcc 69 38077 February 2, 2010 at 3:29 am
Last Post: tackattack
  No God on Twitter Eilonnwy 7 1921 October 22, 2009 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: theblindferrengi