Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Intelligent Design" group fakes lab
"Intelligent Design" group fakes lab
"Intelligent design think tank's 'institute' is a Shutterstock image"

http://arstechnica.com/science/2012/12/i...ock-image/
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
RE: "Intelligent Design" group fakes lab
A fake lab to go with their fake science - sounds about right.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I had to share this shit on Facebook it was THAT class. Big Grin Also Stimbo thanks for the joke to add in for the tagline. XD
You're most welcome!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
"Intellegent design" group fakes orgasm,
is what I read. I bet that woman never had one anyway.
Quote: Although the video was datelined from the “Biologic Institute” of the Discovery Institute, it turns out that the nonsensical rant was green-screened in front of a stock image.

Thinking

Why even fucking bother with a green-screen of a science lab or any kind of way of posing as a scientist?
It isn`t like their audience actualy cares about science?
People are so fucking desperate to sell their comic book they will do anything.
I thought this was kind of hilarious:

Quote:Later, she notes that “it’s premature to say that just because two things look alike, say chimps and humans, that they’re descended from a common ancestor."
Cunt
(December 19, 2012 at 8:30 am)frankiej Wrote: I thought this was kind of hilarious:

Quote:Later, she notes that “it’s premature to say that just because two things look alike, say chimps and humans, that they’re descended from a common ancestor."

It is not hilarious, it is sad. It is the same as when Galileo told the truth about the heliocentric nature of our solar system and society turned on him because they didn't like the truth.

But I agree, if you don't laugh you'll cry.
(December 19, 2012 at 8:16 am)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote: Why even fucking bother with a green-screen of a science lab or any kind of way of posing as a scientist?
It isn`t like their audience actualy cares about science?

While this is of course entirely true, this particular species of preacher uses scientific paraphernalia and language as a form of confidence trick to give their claptrap a cheap scientific veneer. It's all about image and performance; you only have to look at John Pendleton in his labcoat, Kent Hovind with his labcoat and plastic doctorate, and Ian Juby whose IQ is, apparently, off the scale (though which end of it, he never actually specifies). If it comes from a scientist it must be true - unless it's a real scientist, in which case it's all a huge Satanic conspiracy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intelligent Design Justtristo 18 5064 December 24, 2010 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused