Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 8:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Truth or fiction, Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard.
Truth or fiction, Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard.
I read this (below) and thought it smelled fishy. I thought Australians aren't primarily Christian and that they don't bang the issue that their country was founded on Christian principles and the like. I don't even think their country was even founded on Christian principles but I could be wrong about this latter bit.

W O W! She Did It Again!!

Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard

Australia says NO -- Second Time she has done this!

She sure isn't backing down on her hard line stance and one has to appreciate her belief in the rights of her native countrymen.

A breath of fresh air to see someone lead. Australian Prime Minister does it again!!

The whole world needs a leader like this!

Prime Minister Julia Gillard - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Gillard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying she supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT... Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

NOTE: IF we circulate this amongst ourselves in Canada & USA , WE will find the courage to start speaking and voicing the same truths.
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

RE: Truth or fiction, Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard.
Where did you find this sillly quotes and how many muslims live in Australia anyway?

Three indonesians, a converted aboriginal and a kangaroo? Or am I ignorant?
(December 29, 2012 at 1:15 pm)Dee Dee Ramone Wrote: Where did you find this sillly quotes and how many muslims live in Australia anyway?

Three indonesians, a converted aboriginal and a kangaroo? Or am I ignorant?

I found it at the place where I find most of my silly quotes; Facebook.
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

Largely bullshit according to Snopes.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/australia.asp
It's all bullshit because if our current Prime Minister said that it would be big news and I definitely would remember it. I could not even imagine Gillard saying that bullshit. I could imagine our opposition leader saying that bullshit because as snopes states it cames from his party(Liberal party, that party was in government in 2005), although have to admit the comments came after the 2005 bombings in London.
ROFLOL Our PM is an atheist.

Further, said female PM has declared war on misogyny and sexism. Haven't heard anything like this from the Opposition and this sounds more like some re-write of some american republican bullshit.

Good find Ziploc!! ROFLOL
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
The first three words of the thread title sound like a fun game.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(December 30, 2012 at 11:42 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: ROFLOL Our PM is an atheist.

Further, said female PM has declared war on misogyny and sexism. Haven't heard anything like this from the Opposition and this sounds more like some re-write of some american republican bullshit.

Good find Ziploc!! ROFLOL

I don't know much about Australian politics but I thought she was an atheist. I also thought that Christianity was somewhat of a minority in Australia but I could be wrong about this. As for rewritten American bullshit, I think you're right about this. It comes from a friend of mine who I snopes.com on a regular basis.

I also wasn't aware of any "Christian foundation of the country" I thought it had a penal colony on it in the beginning.

Old Joke.

Australian Customs Inspector to Tourist: G'day, sir. Do you have a criminal record?

Tourist: Why, no. I wasn't aware that was still a requirement.
(December 29, 2012 at 1:08 pm)Ziploc Surprise Wrote:

Next time do us a favour and post legitimate quotes, not some bullshit viral email spam that's like already 2 years old and everyone on the planet has already read it and received it in their emails dozens of times. Angry

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the Truth about China? Rhondazvous 29 2500 June 10, 2019 at 11:49 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Little Marco Mouths Off. Accidentally Tells The Truth Minimalist 3 684 May 1, 2018 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  TheOnion - Too Close To The Truth For Comfort Minimalist 7 1428 October 28, 2016 at 3:39 pm
  Upcoming Australian Federal Election Justtristo 16 2378 March 21, 2016 at 9:23 am
Last Post: Aractus
  New Canadian Prime Minister MTL 2 950 October 20, 2015 at 3:34 am
Last Post: MTL
  Sanders Shamelessly Pandering to Voters Who Want to Hear Truth Pyrrho 4 1275 August 14, 2015 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Borowitz: Too Close To The Truth Again Minimalist 0 801 October 30, 2014 at 1:11 pm
  Australian election thoughts Justtristo 29 6241 September 11, 2013 at 6:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  The sad truth of it right now. Creed of Heresy 5 1599 August 10, 2013 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Outrage in Italy after bananas are thrown at its first black minister. Annik 32 11217 July 30, 2013 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: Violet