Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask a German anything.
Ask a German anything.
As a semiprofessional German, besides the inner drive to enslave the world I am also a professional attention whore.

Therefor I shall now post some random bullshit in a desperate attempt to fill the void which is my personality.

5-15 bananas
5-15 bananas
5-15 bananas
5-15 bananas
5-15 bananas
5-15 bananas
RE: Ask a German anything.
What language do you speak?

(lol)
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
Here's the thing I find very odd about postwar German culture.
It makes sense that after World War II, Germans would be, to say the least, very touchy about the subject of the Third Reich.
It makes sense that a good portion of Germany's art after the war would involve it in some way.

What doesn't make sense to me is that simultaneously, the Nazis are the elephant in the room, and yet, if the literature and films that reach American shores is any indication, it seems like it's the only thing they seem to want to talk about; I mean, it seems like 85% of German cinema these days is about the Nazis, and an additional 10% is about how fucked up East Germany was.

There's got to be some sort of explanation for this, but since you're a German, and a clearly intelligent one, you may have the answer. Of course, this may be just as extreme a national paradox as to why Americans are so squeamish about sex but not violence that nobody can answer it.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?
Do you think how many bananas that BGChuckLee eats, combined with his rather plump pouty lips has a deeper meaning?
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Could you eat a kilo of rice?

Do you think that not paying people a wage they can live on is good for the economy?

Do you believe six impossible things before breakfast?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(January 8, 2013 at 1:30 pm)Annik Wrote: What language do you speak?

(lol)

French

(January 8, 2013 at 2:03 pm)Brian37 Wrote: How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

(January 8, 2013 at 2:27 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Do you think how many bananas that BGChuckLee eats, combined with his rather plump pouty lips has a deeper meaning?

absolutly

(January 8, 2013 at 2:31 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Could you eat a kilo of rice?

Do you think that not paying people a wage they can live on is good for the economy?

Do you believe six impossible things before breakfast?

I think the stomache has only limited cpacity to store food.

yes

nope 7

(January 8, 2013 at 1:59 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Here's the thing I find very odd about postwar German culture.
It makes sense that after World War II, Germans would be, to say the least, very touchy about the subject of the Third Reich.
It makes sense that a good portion of Germany's art after the war would involve it in some way.

What doesn't make sense to me is that simultaneously, the Nazis are the elephant in the room, and yet, if the literature and films that reach American shores is any indication, it seems like it's the only thing they seem to want to talk about; I mean, it seems like 85% of German cinema these days is about the Nazis, and an additional 10% is about how fucked up East Germany was.

There's got to be some sort of explanation for this, but since you're a German, and a clearly intelligent one, you may have the answer. Of course, this may be just as extreme a national paradox as to why Americans are so squeamish about sex but not violence that nobody can answer it.

We make alot of other movies, but no one is interested in those other movies.

Ever heard of Bang Boom Bang?

Or the novels by Herman Hesse and Heinrich Böll?

Our relationship with the past is not only dominated by WW2, we enslaved the Polish people for 200 years and were pritty brutal in our treatment of the French and others.

It is the state of selfdenial when confronted with fashism, racism and antisemitism in Germany today which is worrying, not how we confront ourselves wtith our past.
Some deny to themselves that some problems exist simply because they believe that they can no longer exist.
How often to be you visit the hidden Nazi moon base?
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
It`s in Antarctica!!!!

Angry

When will people finaly get that.
(January 8, 2013 at 3:58 pm)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote: It`s in Antarctica!!!!

Angry

When will people finaly get that.

Wow. The moon base is hidden so well that it's actually in Antarctica and not the moon.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Don't Ask me Anything. LastPoet 37 4030 May 26, 2015 at 7:20 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Some German humor for you Something completely different 4 1834 January 23, 2013 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: jonb