Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 2:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Far Cry 3
Far Cry 3
Can we get a shout for the best fucking villain ever, Vaas Montenegro?

Also, you need to watch this guy's videos.

I march against the Asagods
To bring the end of time.
I am pure and endless pain
And Surtr is my name.

See me rise, the mighty Surt,
Destroyer of the universe.
Bringer of flames and endless hurt
Scorcher of men and Earth.
RE: Far Cry 3
I don't know about best villian ever, but I can't wait to kill his ass.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I remember watching the ending sex scene on youtube. Looked pretty good.
Both of the possible ends to the game are a bit depressing. I finally beat it today and picked the "good" ending, but it left me feeling a bit bad anyway.
And Surtr is my name.

Hunting a tiger with a flamethrower and handgranades.

................................ need I say more.

Oh and hunting a shark with a rpg maybe.
I personally like shooting cars and boats armed with a .50 cal with explosive ammunition.
And Surtr is my name.

(January 16, 2013 at 10:01 pm)Surtr Wrote: Both of the possible ends to the game are a bit depressing. I finally beat it today and picked the "good" ending, but it left me feeling a bit bad anyway.

I doubt the ending could get any more depressing than any of the outcomes in mass effect 3, least in far cry you get a decent bit of totty.
(January 17, 2013 at 8:06 am)Napoléon Wrote: I doubt the ending could get any more depressing than any of the outcomes in mass effect 3, least in far cry you get a decent bit of totty.

I haven't played ME3. Did they fix up the bad endings with DLC?
And Surtr is my name.

(January 17, 2013 at 8:06 pm)Surtr Wrote: I haven't played ME3. Did they fix up the bad endings with DLC?

In short, not really.

But back to far cry, is this a good purchase? Is it what you'd consider 'unmissable'? If I had money for say... 3 games this year should I consider this as one of them?
(January 17, 2013 at 9:43 pm)Napoléon Wrote: But back to far cry, is this a good purchase? Is it what you'd consider 'unmissable'? If I had money for say... 3 games this year should I consider this as one of them?

Definitely. A long, well written storyline with tons of side quests and collectibles. A good collection of weapons with many modifications, around 30 perks (grenade takedown- you stab a guy, pull a pin on his grenade, and kick him away, knife takedown- you stab the guy and throw his knife at somebody else, health bonuses, etc.), syringes, tons of awesome wildlife, crude humor, and the list goes on. It's worth getting the DLC as well.

If you get it, I suggest you play on hard with no crosshairs. Some of the weapons you get relatively early on make the game a bit too easy.
And Surtr is my name.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pokémon GO! What have you caught so far? BrokenQuill92 4 637 September 18, 2016 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Cry of Fear Nemo 4 1181 July 15, 2012 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Nemo