Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 9:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Professor James Tracey is facing a probe for Newtown conspiracy theory
Professor James Tracey is facing a probe for Newtown conspiracy theory
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/16/pr...onspiracy/

It's an interesting case that goes all the way back to freedom of speech. The professor spoke out, claiming that the shooting was a hoax perpetuated by the government to help pass stronger gun laws. The public heard about it and the school was bombarded by people demanding his termination. They might just get what they want.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
RE: Professor James Tracey is facing a probe for Newtown conspiracy theory
Should I have heard of Newtown? Thinking Undecided

Sounds like it's from the Fallout universe. Gotta luv that Bigtown.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Isn't he tenured? It's very difficult to fire a tenured professor, especially for holding a political opinion.
Still, the guy sounds like a fucking moron.

Insanity may be grounds for dismissal.
(January 19, 2013 at 10:20 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Isn't he tenured? It's very difficult to fire a tenured professor, especially for holding a political opinion.

According to the story, he does seem to be tenured. That's another part of why it seems to be surprising that they're talking about letting him go. It also surprises me because I can see a very easy legal recourse he has: the first amendment and freedom of speech. As much as I think he's a paranoid asshat, he still has the right to speak his opinions. Generally, businesses have the right to decide who they keep and who they get rid of regardless of freedom of speech, but it's a little different when it's a shool. They accept a lot of money from the federal government and that money comes with strings attached.

I haven't watched any of his specific videos, but I have heard of the Sandy Hook conspiracy videos and a lot of them seem to attack the grieving families of slain children in Connecticut. One of the easiest ways to piss off the public is to mess with a grieving family, especially when it's parents who lost children.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Critical Race Theory Spongebob 198 11163 January 21, 2022 at 11:27 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  James Dobson on the border camps Rev. Rye 1 570 July 25, 2019 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Fixed vs. Fluid: a theory of political polarization Rev. Rye 0 685 December 22, 2018 at 12:26 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Sniff, Sniff...Smells Like Collusion - Or Conspiracy! Minimalist 2 332 June 21, 2018 at 6:06 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  My theory on all this recent Xenophobia NuclearEnergy 27 5793 June 8, 2017 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I have a good PROOF for my liberal conspiricay theory Won2blv 4 687 February 5, 2017 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Won2blv
  Trump Conspiracy Theory chimp3 18 3196 July 12, 2016 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Come Oh Ye Rational Thinkers...and explain race theory to me tantric 35 5533 February 23, 2015 at 1:03 am
Last Post: tantric
  Capt. James Fanell warns about the rise of China mralstoner 18 3943 December 15, 2014 at 6:15 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  This is ten times worse than the "inside job" theory CleanShavenJesus 10 2046 October 25, 2013 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: Cato