Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selfishness and Health Care.
Selfishness and Health Care.
Interesting video from the user Nykytyne2

[youtube]L5x5V4GlrFY[/youtube]

I think he has some valuable points to add in the discussion going on in the other thread.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
RE: Selfishness and Health Care.
Thanks for that Leo. How refreshing and in a small but important way, inspiring.
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
Thanks Leo. That's the point isn't it - what society is fostered by selfishness = not a society I want to live in. Possibly even not a society when it's anti social.
I wonder if that guy is someone who is going to work for a living or free load his whole life? A lot of the people who complain about "selfishness" when it comes to handouts are also those that are looking for a handout.
Maybe this video should be posted in the other threadSmile

Update: Never mind.
binnyCoffee
(August 24, 2009 at 4:32 pm)dry land fish Wrote: I wonder if that guy is someone who is going to work for a living or free load his whole life? A lot of the people who complain about "selfishness" when it comes to handouts are also those that are looking for a handout.

So you don't believe in " society "? I anticipate you answering " no "....you are on record as prefering " dog eat dog ". I despair at your attitude to humanity.
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
The first thing I thought of when I saw this young man was 'he needs a hair cut' not if he was going to be a freeloader all his life. He's just a young man with an opinion, and a good on at that.
binnyCoffee
Awww hell. DLF has gotten us figured out!

We only support public healthcare because we ourselves are looking for that free handout![Image: fruit.gif]
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
(August 25, 2009 at 7:55 am)Dotard Wrote: Awww hell. DLF has gotten us figured out!

We only support public healthcare because we ourselves are looking for that free handout![Image: fruit.gif]

No. Most of you support it because you live in a country that has it and you like how it's obviously working for you. You are forgetting that America is not your country and we are completely different and our government is full of dumb asses that couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag. Our government programs have glitches in them all the time and the service one gets from the government is horrible. Call any government line and they bark at you like you are a dog and keep you on hold forever and they do not give you good customer service. The IRS is a nightmare to talk to. My husband is disabled vet...and the care at the VA hospitals are horrible. You do realize that recently people have been getting AIDS from VA hospitals because they didn't clean their equipment? Some hospitals had roaches in them and were falling down...literally. This is the American government rean health care for our vets. For the people that mean the most to Americans...this is how they are treated. How do you expect the general public to be treated if the government ran our health care? Government programs have problems. I'd rather call a personal health care company who wants my money and complain because they will do their best to fix my issues. If I'm a paying customer they will not want to lose me. Our government doesn't care about customer complaints because they aren't a business. They take the money from us whether we like it or not. No one who works for any government office will get fired for being rude to customers because we aren't a customer....we are just another way uncle sam gets money. Nothing will be different if we have government ran health care and in all actuality...we'll get worse health care than before.
(August 24, 2009 at 12:36 pm)leo-rcc Wrote: I think he has some valuable points to add in the discussion going on in the other thread.

And what valuable points he has!

People have the right to be whatever they want to be.
And get whatever they want to get.

And it is not bad to have an opinion.

Thank you leo.

Amp

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video - Why atheists care about YOUR religion Lilith_86 4 1982 January 15, 2010 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: Lilith_86
  Will Ferrell's health care reform PSA leo-rcc 4 2006 September 23, 2009 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Dotard
  Barney Frank & the Health Care Idiots Eilonnwy 42 11394 September 8, 2009 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb