Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 6:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Argument for evolution
Argument for evolution
I was arguing with a muslim (as usual) about evolution and how its likely to have happened for several reasons. I came to the realisation of an argument that i hadnt thought of before apart from all the fossil evidence and genetic evidence and so on.

If evolution didnt happen then how many times did god destroy every living thing on earth?

If you argue with a creationist he will say nothing evolved, so then did eagles and turkeys live at the same time as the dinosaurs or did they evolve from them?
The muslim i was speaking to said no the dinosaurs came first then other life was put on earth after this.

But even with this argument then what about all prehistoric animals after dinosaurs?
Unless god killed off all these creatures in one go then planted new ones after these aswell then you would have every prehistoric living thing after the dinosaurs living with animals that are still around today, since if they didnt evolve they must have been around since god created all animals.
I like to know what you think of this argument.
So either god creates animals and kills them off over and over or you get a situation where animals like phosphatherium (the animal which mammoths and other types of elephant evolved from) walking along side elephants.
Even if you dont know much about prehistorical animals, i dont know that much, you can see what i mean in this argument.
Ill be honest and just say now that ive been too lazy to actually go out and find more examples than this, but im sure there are loads of examples of animals which obviously didnt live alongside each other that came after the dinosaurs if anyone can give me any that they know about it would be helpful, anyone who knows about biology or evolution.
Im going to look into this myself because i like looking up facts about animals anyway, but if anyone else can give examples of animals that obviously didnt live at the same time then it would be pretty good, or any websites that deal specifically with this sort of thing.

With relation to this topic i should probably re watch walking with beasts the documentary from a while back which talked about prehistorical animals, from what i remember there was an armadillo like creature the size of a hippo, rodents the size of cars and so on, and the largest land mammal ever i forgot what its name was but it was a lot bigger than an elephant.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Argument for evolution
The creatards just hate the dinosaur stuff because they have no answer for it. The reason they have no answer for it is because the primitive goat fuckers who wrote their allegedly "holy" horseshit had no idea that dinosaurs ever existed.

So you end up with stupid shit like this.

[Image: jesus-dinosaur2.jpg.pagespeed.ce.jl3c9N1V8S.jpg]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudaelurus

This is an example of one of the first cats ever to walk the earth, creationists would have to believe that this walked alongside the domestic cat, sabre tooth cat and all other cats rather than evolve into them.

parictis, this is one of the first bears that lived, it evolved into bears, and dogs ? i think.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

[Image: travis_wut-w.jpg]

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
You say you were arguing with a Muslim over creation? I'd tell them to get in line because Christians were pissed off at the Scopes Monkey trial long before Muslims. I'd say they need to worry more about the nuts in their bunch ending life with suicide bombers and jets and worry less about what is clearly bullshit.

Sorry Muslims, you are a little late to the party.
The majority of them, at least on the forum i am on, are too uneducated to argue their own points. They just copy and paste from christian websites or psuedo science websites, the huffington post and so on.
Pretending to know and understand the science they are looking at while at the same time as saying "why hasnt man evolved fur in cold climates? why doesnt man have a scorpions tale and how dare darwin say we come from monkeys" proving they really dont know what they are even arguing against.

The christian arguments on the other hand are very advanced, i dont know what they are talking about but their language seems very scientific but the problem is they can babble as much as they want but cant hide the fossil evidence, the evidence for dinosaurs and the genetic evidence.

Besides these people are CHRISTIANS! when i see them refuting evolution on youtube i feel like jumping through the screen and saying "stop talking about science a moment, do you believe a snake talked and there was a man named noah who got every species of animal onto his boat?"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Argument #2: Evolution Of Species Revelation777 417 98708 May 12, 2014 at 11:19 am
Last Post: BoS
  Intelligent design type evolution vs naturalism type evolution. Mystic 59 30330 April 6, 2013 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Ultimate Argument for Evolution, Clip from the movie Paul (2011) orogenicman 5 2769 May 16, 2012 at 6:55 pm
Last Post: Aegrus