Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 4:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if Jesus came back, but discounted much of the bible as heretical, would you still follow him?
What if Jesus came back, but discounted much of the bible as heretical, would you still follow him?
Christians,
What if Jesus came back, but discounted much of the bible as heretical, would you still follow him? What key qualities would you have to see before you would accept him as genuine before you would accept the deviances from the scripture, words that some other humans wrote?

How could you be sure that this guy wasn't really jesus, and the bible was wrong?
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=19b_1359885608

Sure, this is extreme, but isn't it likely that the bible is a little off considering the different authors and translations and such. How different could jesus be from your original expectation?

Would you be wanting to see proof and evidence that his claims are true?
Find the cure for Fundementia!
RE: What if Jesus came back, but discounted much of the bible as heretical, would you still follow him?
I love that hitchhiker. "Smash! Smash! Shmash!"
RE: What if Jesus came back, but discounted much of the bible as heretical, would you still follow him?
I'm not sure why anyone would be arguing against Jesus if he actually came back, he ought to know better than us if he actually came back for real.
I beat you to it already. I did this thread about a year ago explaining my thoughts on this is how the Anti Christ will present himself.
(as Christ but will dismiss key portions of the bible.)

http://atheistforums.org/thread-11941.html
somone needs to make a cartoon about that kai the homeless hitch hiker, hes a character.

id probably join a jesus type cult if it involved free love at the price of bit of hard work for the cult, hopefully id be able to get out of there before they handed out the poison drinks or got raided by swat teams and killed

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

The Bible is the Word of God (Jesus Christ). What you are saying is impossible.
(February 5, 2013 at 5:15 am)Christian Wrote: The Bible is the Word of God (Jesus Christ). What you are saying is impossible.

So if jesus came back and declared bats were members of the class Aves as it states in the bible would you accept what he says?
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(February 5, 2013 at 5:15 am)Christian Wrote: The Bible is the Word of God (Jesus Christ). What you are saying is impossible.

So by corollary,what you're saying is that the book itself is more important than Jesus Christ? Or that Jesus is incapable of learning?

Or just that you are incapable of learning?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
The book predicts it's own corruption, I would not trust a "jesus" who isn't aware of this fact.
Drich Wrote:I beat you to it already. I did this thread about a year ago explaining my thoughts on this is how the Anti Christ will present himself.
(as Christ but will dismiss key portions of the bible.)

So, when you get right down to it, you people worship a book more sincerely than the god depicted in it. You will only trust the god if it conforms to the book. If your god says that the book is wrong, obviously the god is a fake. Says a lot about your faith.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UCKG: Church tells boy 'evil spirit' hides in him zebo-the-fat 1 343 December 11, 2023 at 4:51 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Still Angry about Abraham and Isaac zwanzig 29 1953 October 1, 2023 at 7:58 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Why are you (still) a Christian? FrustratedFool 304 18489 September 29, 2023 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44025 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  GOD's Mercy While It Is Still Today - Believe! Mercyvessel 102 8127 January 9, 2022 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  How much influence does he have? zwanzig 32 2961 September 13, 2021 at 11:24 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Rainbow (He/Him/His) No penis, identifies as a male Nihilist Virus 25 1852 April 17, 2021 at 10:37 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  [Not] Breaking news; Catholic church still hateful Nay_Sayer 18 1404 March 17, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Would Jesus promote punishing the innocent instead of the guilty? Greatest I am 159 9224 September 10, 2020 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 88422 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte