Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello Kitty
Hello Kitty
The makers of the game Monopoly, based on popular vote have made a new token in the shape of a kitty cat. In other news, meh.......

Did anyone else suck at that game like I did?
RE: Hello Kitty
Lefties like me don't understand capitalism. I enjoy the game though.
(February 6, 2013 at 9:53 am)Dee Dee Ramone Wrote: Lefties like me don't understand capitalism.

Monopoly is sure more left capitalism than what we currently have. There's a luxury tax and rich people can go to jail.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(February 6, 2013 at 9:53 am)Dee Dee Ramone Wrote: Lefties like me don't understand capitalism. I enjoy the game though.
Capitalism is NOT a form of government. Gaddaffi was a billionaire who owned stock in GE. China's communist government capitalizes off making cheap crap and slave wages and sells their crap to the rest of the world.

The correct term should be "open vs closed" markets. Basically fascism is when ANYONE monopolizes political and economic resources. They still have to make money and keep it to keep power.

But I am not against wealth by itself, just abuse of power. And it always takes money to keep power.

(February 6, 2013 at 9:59 am)TaraJo Wrote:
(February 6, 2013 at 9:53 am)Dee Dee Ramone Wrote: Lefties like me don't understand capitalism.

Monopoly is sure more left capitalism than what we currently have. There's a luxury tax and rich people can go to jail.

I agree. Globally I think the ubur rich, not as a conspiracy but as a climate, do not realize enough how much of the rest of the world they are fucking over. Otherwise this last tripple wammy should have landed lots of people in jail.

I
As long as the railroads are mine!
(February 6, 2013 at 10:03 am)Brian37 Wrote: I agree. Globally I think the ubur rich, not as a conspiracy but as a climate, do not realize enough how much of the rest of the world they are fucking over. Otherwise this last tripple wammy should have landed lots of people in jail.

That and I think there are a few people up top who are probably, literally, psychopaths and because of that they don't care that they're hurting the rest of the worlds economy as long as they stay wealthy. Everyone else is just following their lead because it works.

(February 6, 2013 at 10:06 am)Dee Dee Ramone Wrote: As long as the railroads are mine!

I can't help but think, if they're going to do a modern Monopoly, can't they replace railroads (that nobody in the US uses) with airlines?
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(February 6, 2013 at 10:22 am)TaraJo Wrote:
(February 6, 2013 at 10:03 am)Brian37 Wrote: I agree. Globally I think the ubur rich, not as a conspiracy but as a climate, do not realize enough how much of the rest of the world they are fucking over. Otherwise this last tripple wammy should have landed lots of people in jail.

That and I think there are a few people up top who are probably, literally, psychopaths and because of that they don't care that they're hurting the rest of the worlds economy as long as they stay wealthy. Everyone else is just following their lead because it works.

(February 6, 2013 at 10:06 am)Dee Dee Ramone Wrote: As long as the railroads are mine!

I can't help but think, if they're going to do a modern Monopoly, can't they replace railroads (that nobody in the US uses) with airlines?
No, those might get hijacked. OUCH.....What.....too soon?Big Grin
I like railroads and those properties around the free parking corner.
I was never good at Monopoly. Either I'd 'invest unwisely', as the tabloids might put it, or I'd feel sorry for other players who might be losing badly. I make a shit capitalist.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I had economics class at highschool and my father owns a buisness.

I regard monopoly as n00bish.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy birthday, Kitty Galore Jackalope 10 783 September 23, 2019 at 8:51 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Happy Birthday Kitty Galore brewer 12 820 September 20, 2018 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Happy Birthday Kitty Galore brewer 15 1058 September 21, 2017 at 10:54 am
Last Post: brewer
  Help TRJF name his NEW KITTY!!!!! TheRealJoeFish 52 4413 September 20, 2016 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Happy birthday Kitty Galore Jackalope 18 2886 September 20, 2015 at 4:33 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  The Cosmic Kitty Erinome 16 3938 January 20, 2012 at 6:46 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko