Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 9:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
creepy Mormons
creepy Mormons
Mormons have always creep me out. I mean to add on to Christians insanity of beliefs by some con man and gold tablet etc. Is crazy enough but the creepy part is this persuasion of friendly, charitable, theological boot camp to imply that they are a force of good is like something out of the twilight zone to me. Way to fucking friendly as a cover up of there mindless religion that sprung up in the 18 century (i believe?) that adds on to the stone age crazy religion that has raped free thought, individualism, and advancement of our species for centuries. Any thoughts to add?
RE: creepy Mormons
19th century.
18th century = free masons
19th century = mormons

For fuck's sake, please square away your super secret hand shake rituals.
(February 9, 2013 at 3:30 am)cato123 Wrote: 18th century = free masons
19th century = mormons

For fuck's sake, please square away your super secret hand shake rituals.

For fuck sakes, be coherent to the subject. What are you talking about?
Im sure when all religions are starting out the majority of peopel are thinking "who the fuck is that nutjob talking shit?" while a minority of people are writing books about how amazing the person is, then when the person dies its like when a rock star dies, the legend starts.

In two thousand years or so people might have forgotten the ridiculous con man part of joseph smith and just remember the legendary mormon version of joseph smith.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

In Mormonism God is a 6ft tall guy who lives on the planet Kolob in space. Satan was Jesus brother and Jesus was a polygamist with several wives. There was some kind of war in heaven and those who stayed neutral in the fight were born with black skin. So it is pretty bat shit insane really even by religious standards. It's a bit like the Scientology of the 19th century. On a par with Lord Xenu and dead aliens who were thrown in Earths volcanos and their souls (thetans) being sucked out into 3D movie theatres where they were implanted with emgrams before being released to infest human bodies. Humans being the descendents of the few surviving aliens I think.
When a thread starts with "creepy Mormons," you can be sure it's not going to be random, stereotyped, or offensive at all. Clap
What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD
[Image: www.jpg]

Creepy works for me.
(February 12, 2013 at 12:00 am)Minimalist Wrote: [Image: www.jpg]

Creepy works for me.

Eh. I worked for a Mormon who looked very much like one of the women in the picture. (It's not the same person, of course.) Very nice person, and a fair supervisor. Considering they don't all literally believe what their religion teaches, I think we need more substance to our arguments than "Here's this candid picture of a bunch of ordinary women with odd clothes and here's what the minority of extremists believe, therefore they're all creepy."
What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD
Of course, but we need to start somewhere. If they self-identify as Mormons, then taking their religion as a basis for discussion is as good a place as any.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ex-Mormons/Fundamentalist Christians in the House LivingNumbers6.626 16 2096 July 15, 2016 at 12:06 am
Last Post: LivingNumbers6.626
  Creepy Christian Emails theblindferrengi 2 1396 November 3, 2009 at 12:40 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused