Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question for the faithful
A question for the faithful
Many years ago, I accepted Jesus and was baptized before my family and friends. This means that all of my sins, past and future, are forgiven.

Some years later, I shook the delusions of faith and christianity and opened my eyes to the real world. There is no evidence whatsoever that a god (any god) exists and I therefore reject the notion of salvation, jesus and god.

By saying what I have said above, I have blasphemed, the one unforgivable sin. Yet, all of my sins have been forgiven.

So the question is, am I going to heaven?

Drich, Catfish, Christian? I would like to hear from you.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
RE: A question for the faithful
"Yet, all my sins are forgiven". You repented? You confessed? If so, and you now have returned to your belief, then yes. You will.

Otherwise, I do think you will be admitted into Heaven if you allow yourself to believe in Him. Atheists think so mechanically that everything that applies to the world applies to God and belief in God (proof, etc.) when it is above the reasoning. Ignorance is not bliss. Ignoring Him does not help you.

To tell you the truth, I do not know the answer to your question. Only He knows, and the answer could always change. Smile
3/4 of the Ramones are dead. So they can't play a show for me in heaven yet (say if I die this week), now if heaven is heaven...why can't the Ramones play club Heaven in the original line-up?
(February 12, 2013 at 5:51 pm)TheLameMayWalk Wrote: "Yet, all my sins are forgiven". You repented? You confessed? If so, and you now have returned to your belief, then yes. You will.

Otherwise, I do think you will be admitted into Heaven if you allow yourself to believe in Him. Atheists think so mechanically that everything that applies to the world applies to God and belief in God (proof, etc.) when it is above the reasoning. Ignorance is not bliss. Ignoring Him does not help you.

To tell you the truth, I do not know the answer to your question. Only He knows, and the answer could always change. Smile

At the time I did. However, as I said, I have no belief in a god now.

I truly appreciate your honesty in answering "I don't know". there are many religious people out there that could take a lesson from you.

TO EVERYONE: When asked a question, "I don't know" is a legitimate answer!!

For instance, here is a question: Does god exist?

My answer: I don't know.

Its just that easy.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
(February 12, 2013 at 5:46 pm)Baalzebutt Wrote: Many years ago, I accepted Jesus and was baptized before my family and friends. This means that all of my sins, past and future, are forgiven.

Some years later, I shook the delusions of faith and christianity and opened my eyes to the real world. There is no evidence whatsoever that a god (any god) exists and I therefore reject the notion of salvation, jesus and god.

By saying what I have said above, I have blasphemed, the one unforgivable sin. Yet, all of my sins have been forgiven.

So the question is, am I going to heaven?

Drich, Catfish, Christian? I would like to hear from you.
"Once saved always saved" is IMO a debatable doctrine which Christians can disagree on.

I accept it. The question then is whether you were saved in the first place, which of course I can't answer.
(February 12, 2013 at 6:20 pm)John V Wrote: "Once saved always saved" is IMO a debatable doctrine which Christians can disagree on.

I accept it. The question then is whether you were saved in the first place, which of course I can't answer.

I was waiting for this one. I knew it would come up.

Was I REALLY saved? I guess that depends on your definition. I think many xtians would say "no" simply because I became an atheist. I mean, after all, how could I turn away if I had REALLY been saved, right?
When you believed there was no (physical) evidence. Nothing changed there lol Wink

You are saved as long as you believe silly. Don't believe > not saved.
Secular speak : you have rejected good (but of course you haven't, just a belief)
Is it the unpardonable sin? No. You may be pardoned and believe again.
(February 12, 2013 at 6:26 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: When you believed there was no (physical) evidence. Nothing changed there lol Wink

You are saved as long as you believe silly. Don't believe > not saved.
Secular speak : you have rejected good (but of course you haven't, just a belief)
Is it the unpardonable sin? No. You may be pardoned and believe again.

Then the bible is inaccurate in saying my sins are forgiven. It says i only have to accept jesus (which I did). It says nothing about losing faith=losing salvation.
Don't be silly dude
Sorry. You're fucked. Three out of four Gospel authors agree.

Quote:Matt 12:31-32
Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Mark 3:29
But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.

Luke 12:10
But unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

Now since the Holy Spook is the part of Gawd that's within the hearts of True Believers ™, by denying our Lord you have also denied all parts of Him, including his invisible flying sidekick that's also Himself. And so it is thrice written in The Wholly Babble that you shall not be forgiven, no matter how much you beg and plead, it seems you are destined for the eternal torture our loving Lord has in store for the vast majority of everyone who will live and die in His creation.

The sissy namby-pamby phony Christians who say otherwise have clearly not read the Bible but hey, no surprise there.

Praise the sweet name of Jesus!
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

And for the lovers of Poe, here's your winking smiley:  Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stages of Faithful Grief DeistPaladin 3 1260 August 25, 2010 at 1:53 am
Last Post: superstarr