Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God is No Father
God is No Father
This is basically my rant as to why I believe the Christian God is a terrible example of a parent. What do you think?

<snip!>
RE: God is No Father
The xtian god is a terrible example of a god.
I don't know how many Christians actually believe in that particular presentation of God, probably very few. It may be what you're supposed to believe as a Christian and what the Bible would seem to suggest but the hammer blows of secular morality have done their work. It's much more New Age lovey feely these days, Jesus was a nice guy and all that. Mind you he's the first person to suggest a literal eternal damnation which is pretty hardcore.
(February 16, 2013 at 6:05 pm)Zone Wrote: I don't know how many Christians actually believe in that particular presentation of God, probably very few. It may be what you're supposed to believe as a Christian and what the Bible would seem to suggest but the hammer blows of secular morality have done their work. It's much more New Age lovey feely these days, Jesus was a nice guy and all that. Mind you he's the first person to suggest a literal eternal damnation which is pretty hardcore.

I am sure there are many Christians who believe in a more happy go lucky God, but I guess my video was aimed more toward the fundamentalist form of Christianity that believes in a God who is not only loving but he is also holy and cannot stand in the presence of sin (despite satan doing so in the Book of Job). There are still plenty of Christians who believe that you must be born again in order to enter the kingdom of heaven, and a lot of people will be excluded.
[Image: LostLockeSnickers.jpg]
(February 16, 2013 at 5:28 pm)NumberOneSon Wrote: This is basically my rant as to why I believe the Christian God is a terrible example of a parent. What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BbY6t0gs...r_embedded

This is no problem for a christian to overcome. Drich (one of our resident theists) has easily written off the great majority of the entire human race simply by saying, "hey, you didn't seek god hard enough. He's not your father, he's just your creator that doesn't give a fuck about you."

Wait wait, it get's better. Drich not only claims that his god wants you to love him and accept him and live with him forever, not only does he want you to love and fear him while worshiping him in awe, not only does he want you to love him, fear him, worship him and accept your horrible hardships in life without question, but yes, he also wants you to spend an indeterminate amount of time looking for him until you finally accept warm fuzzy feelings as evidence of his existence. Yep, god is real, but only if you are the one claiming he is real.

Keep this in mind. His god STILL won't cure you of AIDS or grow back a hand you lost in an accident. His god still won't fix your broken down car or provide you a paycheck to save you from losing your house. His god still won't lift a finger to save your little girl from being kidnapped, raped and murdered, but he yes yes, he is perfectly willing to CAST you into hell.

You see, the slimy apologists figured it out. Rather than trying to make excuses for their god, they simply claim that you haven't looked hard enough for him. Pathetic, I know. Like anyone would accept this sort of explanation about Zeus or Thor.
NumberOneSon, your video rant is legitimate, logical and reasonable. It doesn't matter. In fact, those are three things that christians do not consider, accept or comprehend. They are brainwashed buffoons who more often than not, simply worship the god of their parents and their homeland for no other reason than to make themselves feel better about their own certain death.

Lesson: Sheep should be shorn and eventually eaten. They should not be listened to.
[Image: Evolution.png]

(February 17, 2013 at 3:38 am)Cinjin Wrote:
(February 16, 2013 at 5:28 pm)NumberOneSon Wrote: This is basically my rant as to why I believe the Christian God is a terrible example of a parent. What do you think?
You see, the slimy apologists figured it out. Rather than trying to make excuses for their god, they simply claim that you haven't looked hard enough for him.
Lesson: Sheep should be shorn and eventually eaten. They should not be listened to.

Not just apologists.. You know that when I was on deaths' door with an illness time and time again, I was actually counseled by christian ministers, and my own family, that I should stop taking the doctor's medicine as it could be interfering with god healing me? That if I don't have faith in HIM to heal me and let him heal me, then how will I get healed? So when I did everything they advised (mostly I was just sick of being over-medicated so I told the doctors to shove it for a couple months), I begged for my life and everything to god, I was told to have the faith of a child so I had the faith of a child--Then when it was decidedly confirmed through an ICU visit that I was indeed not healed: they told me that my "Father" knows best and that my illness probably saved me from some worse r fate. My brother said and I quote, "it probably saved you from being a puke slathered corpse on the side of the highway" end quote. I was in school for premed when I got sick, and yeah I drank on the weekends. Whatevs.
Said god is no father of mine, I've concluded--if he even existed.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(February 17, 2013 at 3:38 am)Cinjin Wrote: NumberOneSon, your video rant is legitimate, logical and reasonable. It doesn't matter. In fact, those are three things that christians do not consider, accept or comprehend. They are brainwashed buffoons who more often than not, simply worship the god of their parents and their homeland for no other reason than to make themselves feel better about their own certain death.

Thanks! I was a born-again Christian for nearly 21 years until I lost my faith, and I realize there were a lot of things I refused to consider or accept while I was a believer.
(February 16, 2013 at 6:05 pm)Zone Wrote: I don't know how many Christians actually believe in that particular presentation of God, probably very few. It may be what you're supposed to believe as a Christian and what the Bible would seem to suggest but the hammer blows of secular morality have done their work. It's much more New Age lovey feely these days, Jesus was a nice guy and all that. Mind you he's the first person to suggest a literal eternal damnation which is pretty hardcore.

But that is the god that their bible presents.

A jealous, spiteful, genocidal, irrational arsehole.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.

<snip!>

1 - Things that do not actually exist are not actually anything but thoughts - and do not do anything in reality - no one has EVER provided a single piece of testable and verifiable proof of the existence of a god - AND - as defined by the religion - the god of xtians cannot actually be true to begin with

2 - I do not take advice from an example of a parent that - when his children disobeyed him - he drowned most of them. THat alone is a failure as a parent
(February 17, 2013 at 11:18 am)ThomM Wrote: 1 - Things that do not actually exist are not actually anything but thoughts - and do not do anything in reality - no one has EVER provided a single piece of testable and verifiable proof of the existence of a god - AND - as defined by the religion - the god of xtians cannot actually be true to begin with

2 - I do not take advice from an example of a parent that - when his children disobeyed him - he drowned most of them. THat alone is a failure as a parent

I agree.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jehovah’s seem to be trying to get my 85 year old father into their cult hogwash 23 6033 July 24, 2015 at 12:38 am
Last Post: hogwash
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19411 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  "Father" Mr Greene 13 2623 August 13, 2014 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Father Arguments Severan 48 9842 January 24, 2014 at 4:04 am
Last Post: Odysseus
  Destroying "atheism", God(The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit) is a Fact SavedByChrist94 50 24819 January 3, 2013 at 10:16 am
Last Post: paulpablo
  Is one of the reasons people believe in God is a need for a father figure? hoppimike 20 11536 June 17, 2012 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: NoraBrimstone