Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geert Wilders
Geert Wilders
Why is Wilders so controversial? As far as I can tell he is just a right-wing politician who is anti-Islam, I do not understand why people think he's a monster? He wants the Quran banned and Muslim immigration halted.

I'm interested to hear what he has to say. We have more reason to be afraid of Islam than we do to be afraid of any other political or religious force that there is today. I wish there were more people who are willing to stand up against Islam - even if we don't agree with everything they say.

For the record I would very much like to see both Islam and Scientology banned in Australia. I don't hold the most "extreme" views that Wilders has, but I do believe that the appropriate response to an extreme problem is an extreme solution.

There is an animation in the footer of my blog, this is what it reads:
  • "Scientology is evil; its techniques evil; its practice a serious threat to the community, medically, morally and socially; and its adherents are sadly deluded and often mentally ill.... [Scientology is] the world's largest organization of unqualified persons engaged in the practice of dangerous techniques which masquerade as mental therapy."
    -- Justice Andersen, Supreme Court of Victoria, Australia
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
RE: Geert Wilders
I changed the religion from Islam to Judaism now feel with me;

1 We need to get rid of the palaces of hate, those horrible synagoues!!!
2 In Israel there's only room for Muslims. All Jews must leave Israel, including those in Tel Aviv.
3 There's a tsunami of jews in Europe.
4 Let's put a tax on those awful Kippahs.
5 Let's claim the streets back from the jews!
6 Netanyahu, the head of Jewish Apes.

Bring it on Aractus and I'll piss all your arguments away. Geert Wilders is horrible, emptyheaded, idiot.

Oh yeah. Remember, he's proposing this shit in our national Parliament.
(February 18, 2013 at 5:21 am)Aractus Wrote: Why is Wilders so controversial? As far as I can tell he is just a right-wing politician who is anti-Islam, I do not understand why people think he's a monster? He wants the Quran banned and Muslim immigration halted.

He is not just anti islam, he is liked to idiots like the EDL , BNP, NF in the UK so has linked to known Far Right parties. The should be enough
Right wing parties in Europe always have one thing in common. They have a leaderfigure without whom the party falls into stagnation and the movement loses momentum for a very long period of time. Without Wilders, his party will collapse.
(February 18, 2013 at 5:21 am)Aractus Wrote: I do not understand why people think he's a monster? He wants the Quran banned and Muslim immigration halted.
IMO, those two things are enough to classify him as a "monster".

Wants a book banned? (Denial of freedom of speech / expression). Check.
Wants immigration filtered by religion? (Denial of freedom of religion). Check.

If not a monster, a complete asshole.
He even dares to claim he fights for the freedom of speech but wants to forbid parts of a book. What a fucking idiot, please don't give him an exit-visa down-under.
I didn't say I agree with him, but he has every right to speak his mind against Islam.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
(February 18, 2013 at 8:11 am)Aractus Wrote: he has every right to speak his mind against Islam.

Ofcourse.
(February 18, 2013 at 7:34 am)Tiberius Wrote:
(February 18, 2013 at 5:21 am)Aractus Wrote: I do not understand why people think he's a monster? He wants the Quran banned and Muslim immigration halted.
IMO, those two things are enough to classify him as a "monster".

Wants a book banned? (Denial of freedom of speech / expression). Check.
Wants immigration filtered by religion? (Denial of freedom of religion). Check.

If not a monster, a complete asshole.

Yet he is speaking against a subversive theology that would kill you for merely questioning its beliefs.

So is it wrong to be intolerant of the murderously intolerant?
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Geert Wilders wants all Palestines to move to Jordan, including those in Gaza and Westbank. Now that sort of intolerance is a call for ethnic cleansing and a very subversive ideology in my opinion. He's no way a freedom fighter.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lock The Door To Islam || Geert Wilders mralstoner 69 14731 October 4, 2016 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: RobertE