Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 5:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Bazan's "Curse Your Branches"
David Bazan's "Curse Your Branches"
David Bazan is one of my favorite musical artists. He was once the leader of "Pedro the Lion", a Christian Indie band that eventually broke away from their Christian roots. Now, as a solo artist, Bazan is preparing for the September release of his first full-length solo album entitled "Curse Your Branches."

Why mention any of this on an Atheist Forum? Because this album has been called "a harrowing breakup record, only he is breaking up with God."

I grew up with this guy's music as a Christian. I am an Atheist now, and although he hasn't taken an official stance one way or another, this album seems to reflect my own struggles with Christianity. If you grew up in a Christian home, or at one time gave the church, the bible, or any sort of religious lifestyle a chance, you might find yourself enjoying this album as much as I have. I have never heard anyone deliver their dislike, intense disappointment, or complete disbelief in such a clever and possibly even catchy way.

Easily in my top 10 of all time. Means nothing to you, I do know this. But take it from me (a complete stranger on the internet), this is worth checking out.
RE: David Bazan's "Curse Your Branches"
Thanks jonathan ..I read up on him here: http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/the...id=1169181

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is a curse word, isn't it? Magnum 30 7725 July 17, 2013 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: NoraBrimstone