Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EU-American free trade area
EU-American free trade area
I`d like to hear some of your opinions about the prospect of a future FTA between the EU countries and the USA. I seem (at least at home) to be one of the few people advocating it and thinking o it as being a great thing.
It would mean that all regulations in EUrope on products imported from the US will fall. The reason so many I know oppose this is the same reason why the project failed a few years ago. Unlike the US, Europe has strickt regulations on food exports and imports. Gene manipulated food products, meat treated with massive amounts of antibiotics and other are forbidden from sale in Europe. Other than that European patent laws are less strickt than american ones, and a recent attempt to bring these american standards to Europe failed when "acta" failed in the european parlaments due to massive public protests against it.

I believe that since the terms of the treaty havent yet been negotiated protesting against it would be rather imature and stupid. I also think that European consumers are to much concerned about their products origin to simply accept and consume products which they dont want.
RE: EU-American free trade area
I think if the Republican house has a word to say about it it'll be a no go.

And no matter that, some how we'll screw it up. I think the EU has to face the fact they failed and I don't think America is in any economic position to think we can bolster that and make a success of ourselves in the process.
You don't jump on the titanic after the iceberg and think you'll avoid drowning.

A Failed Euro Zone, Financed by Germany - NYTimes 1/28/2013
[Image: white-cloud-emoticon6.gif?1292330538]
Then there was a man who said, “I never knew what real happiness was until I got married; by then it was too late." Anonymous
naaaa what failed was the currency not the free trade area, which is one of the main reasons why so many European countries prospered after ww 2 and the fall of the iron curtain.

What I think is the case here is that the US is losing interest in Europe as a partner and is looking to the pacific.
Very well could be true. It's politicians at the helm after all. On all sides of the water. All we who are along for the ride can do is row for our lives knowing full well if this thing sinks, the one's who can buy the life boats will be the only survivors because all along we've been seated in steerage.

Metaphorical suckslots, that one.
Then there was a man who said, “I never knew what real happiness was until I got married; by then it was too late." Anonymous
Quote:Unlike the US, Europe has strickt regulations on food exports and imports.

Don't worry about that, TGAC. If there is a dollar (or euro) to be made (or stolen) our rich corporate cocksuckers will contact your rich corporate cocksuckers and work it all out for their ( but not your ) benefit.
Kinda makes me wanna open a Zazzle account and create a series of retail bumper sticker in anticipation of the 2016 elections.

"Have you written your State Representative cocksucker today?"
"Get Out The Vote - Cocksuckers, and donkeys, and elephants, oh my!"

"Cocksucker for President! It's not really slander if they are and do!"
I frequently use the term "republicunt." It's easier to type out than my personal favorite: republibertarianeo-conazi
Yah, free trade!

And I've little problem with GMO food. It's added hormones I'm no fan of.

Democommy?
Democrony?
Demoncrat?

This is harder than it looks
Wink Shades

Demo-nstrabliblyignorant-crat?
Nemo me impune lacessit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why do we hate the American military institution? WinterHold 16 875 November 23, 2021 at 1:40 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1484 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1748 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  American imagery from movies from 90s and 80s Sweden83 8 1589 December 5, 2020 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Police in USA arent racist, its just American culture is all Ramus932 10 845 June 14, 2020 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Zepp
  Trade route from the Varangians to the Greeks Interaktive 11 804 January 23, 2020 at 7:14 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  "The American Dream" is just a myth we tell ourselves Foxaèr 45 4197 April 20, 2019 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  I like that American left are miserable Snora 82 6983 March 24, 2019 at 7:47 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Venezuela and Saudi Arabia in the eyes of the American one-eyed foreign policy WinterHold 9 1370 February 4, 2019 at 10:04 am
Last Post: Yonadav
  Why are you American people, careless? A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 27 2189 September 11, 2018 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: Whateverist