Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the rules of the game?
What are the rules of the game?
Does anyone actually claim to know?
RE: What are the rules of the game?
You mean the one you just made me lose?
So the perception is know one knows and we are all pretending.

Even simply reading eht emag reminds oneself of that...
Rules are easy. So long as you are unaware of the game you have won. As soon as you remember you lose. It never ends and the point is basically its a giant inside joke. From time to time somebody will remember and lose and then make other people lose by telling them. It never ends.
Yes, I think the second quote in your signature gets it.

Unfortunately I don't think anyone around me does.
I am thinking that you are looking for:

" There is alot that I know. BUT There is so much more that I KNOW I don't know"

It is something I try to live by. Big Grin
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Wikipedia Wrote:"Wabi-sabi is the most conspicuous and characteristic feature of traditional Japanese beauty and it occupies roughly the same position in the Japanese pantheon of aesthetic values as do the Greek ideals of beauty and perfection in the West".

"If an object or expression can bring about, within us, a sense of serene melancholy and a spiritual longing, then that object could be said to be wabi-sabi."

"[Wabi-sabi] nurtures all that is authentic by acknowledging three simple realities: nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect."

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(March 16, 2013 at 5:53 pm)apophenia Wrote:
Wikipedia Wrote:"Wabi-sabi is the most conspicuous and characteristic feature of traditional Japanese beauty and it occupies roughly the same position in the Japanese pantheon of aesthetic values as do the Greek ideals of beauty and perfection in the West".

"If an object or expression can bring about, within us, a sense of serene melancholy and a spiritual longing, then that object could be said to be wabi-sabi."

"[Wabi-sabi] nurtures all that is authentic by acknowledging three simple realities: nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect."

I can relate to this "Wabi-sabi"

Then I guess you could also include :

Imperfection can be perfect? (for a given situation)
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Well, after watching Jean Renoir's movie The Rules of the Game, I've come up with the idea that the biggest rules of the game are:
1) Bullshit is king.
2) Ignore bad shit and it's easy to be upper class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss6AUw-doEg
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Does one aspire to be upper class?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peterson's 12 Rules for Life v2.0-- actual book discussion bennyboy 238 17900 October 8, 2018 at 3:20 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this? Whateverist 901 71534 September 24, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Moral rules vs moral sense Whateverist 19 9551 June 14, 2012 at 4:31 am
Last Post: genkaus