Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 11:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What I saw on my walk today .. in words or pictures.
What I saw on my walk today .. in words or pictures.
I thought it might be nice to share photos of what we see in our walks, give us all a peek into each of our corners of the world and encourage us all to get out there for some fresh air, exercise and nature.

I just went for a walk with the wife and dogs at our usual hike in Chabot East Bay Regional park. There are lots of wild flowers starting to bloom and new foliage unfolding. We got out there very late so the light is not great but here are some wildflowers that are already blooming.

Given we're still in the wet season (more in name than in fact this year) there is a lot of ferns and moss about.

And here is my crew:

Who else takes regular walks?
RE: What I saw on my walk today .. in words or pictures.
I read the title at first as "What I saw on my wall..." and I was thinking this was going to be about Facebook posts.

I need to get outside more.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
I saw a tornado forming in a clear blue sky over the intracoastal today.

[Image: IMAG0191_zps8e6711e2.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0192_zps2dfc411f.jpg]
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
(March 17, 2013 at 1:24 am)popeyespappy Wrote: I saw a tornado forming in a clear blue sky over the intracoastal today.

[Image: IMAG0191_zps8e6711e2.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0192_zps2dfc411f.jpg]

That's pretty darn cool. I've seen dust devils on dry land but nothing over water. Could it touch down and if so was it large enough to be dangerous.
I used to go on walks all the time. Had to stop for a while because I would get awful back pain all the time. That combined with short lived summers and long cold wet winters means I've not been able to do it much last couple of years. I want to start up again soon hopefully the weather will agree Tongue
I've been dying to go on walks, but it's still too goddamn cold here right now. I usually just walk around the block instead of going out to a nature trail, so there's nothing worth photographing.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(March 17, 2013 at 9:54 am)Faith No More Wrote: I've been dying to go on walks, but it's still too goddamn cold here right now. I usually just walk around the block instead of going out to a nature trail, so there's nothing worth photographing.

Cities can make for interesting walks. One summer we stayed in the center of Paris. Many days I'd get up early and wonder off in a different direction watching street vendors setting up and delivery men carting in supplies to markets. Watching the sun come up over that city is really memorable. Of course there is so much public sculpture and great architecture as well as remnants of a long history in that city.

I rarely get in morning walks anymore. Maybe when I retire.
Do me (and probably everyone else on this forum) a favor, and post such pictures as often as you can.

please.
(March 17, 2013 at 2:49 am)whateverist Wrote: That's pretty darn cool. I've seen dust devils on dry land but nothing over water. Could it touch down and if so was it large enough to be dangerous.

That was pretty much as big as it got so no it neither touched down nor seemed dangerous. It was very damn cool looking though.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you know today that you didn't know yesterday? BrianSoddingBoru4 3664 197298 Yesterday at 12:15 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How's the weather treating you today? Foxaèr 69 903 April 20, 2024 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1081 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  Never ending story: add 3 words! robvalue 9620 542963 August 21, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: no one
  Awfully quiet today. arewethereyet 29 2267 April 9, 2023 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Happy Birthday to all the members who were "born" today! Jehanne 7 683 January 4, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  So much for going to town today. onlinebiker 11 1112 February 19, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  The Wacky US-Canadian Border In Pictures The Architect Of Fate 5 310 November 28, 2020 at 3:51 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  My uncle died from COVID19 today. Jehanne 17 1090 November 26, 2020 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Losty
  I heard from Rob today! ReptilianPeon 2 513 March 29, 2020 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4