Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calorie Labels on Food
Calorie Labels on Food
Tread Lightly: Labels That Translate Calories into Walking Distance Could Induce People to Eat Less

David read this outloud to me last night off a link from reddit. I think it's interesting. Bullshit! did a mini experiment in which they had people try to judge what sort of calories they were eating - often not realizing that food from a regular restaurant can equal the amount of calories you get from a fast food joint.

Although, one of my pet peeves about America isn't that they serve foods always high in fat and salt, etc, but that the portions are goddamn HUGE. It's easier to stop eating and allow your body to register that it's full when you have smaller portions and eat more slowly...a concept many Americans don't' understand, and many restaurants suck at (in order to make more money).
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So, what's up with airline food? And other bad jokes. Mechaghostman2 16 1359 January 23, 2020 at 8:36 pm
Last Post: Magilla
  Scientific arguments for eating Organic/non-GMO food? CapnAwesome 15 4118 June 10, 2015 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho