Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 11:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who are the men in these avatars?
who are the men in these avatars?
I been seeing in several forums I go to people with avatars like these -

[Image: avatar_3027.jpg?dateline=1330818537]

like old paintings of people in victorian style clothing. There was another one from my other forum but the guy seems to have changed it - but his was a bald guy with a goatee and similar clothing to the previous one.

Are these people philosophers or who are they?
RE: who are the men in these avatars?
You could just private message the person who has that avatar to ask him about it.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
[Image: 000167319.jpg]

the other guy looked like this but bald

heres another

[Image: robert-hare-jean-jacques-rousseau-french...author.jpg]

(March 23, 2013 at 12:51 pm)Mr Infidel Wrote: You could just private message the person who has that avatar to ask him about it.

Yeah i did but no reply was curious if its like a philospher thing, like people who are intersted in philosophy use philosphers as avatars? ive only noticed it recently so wondering if its a new thing...or maybe its all the same person Lol!
Might I recommend TinEye reverse image search?

http://www.tineye.com/
(March 23, 2013 at 12:47 pm)Jextin Wrote: I been seeing in several forums I go to people with avatars like these -

It's Emmanuel Swedenborg.

Just for the record, mine's the couple from Edward Hopper's Nighthawks.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(March 23, 2013 at 12:47 pm)Jextin Wrote: I been seeing in several forums I go to people with avatars like these -

like old paintings of people in victorian style clothing. There was another one from my other forum but the guy seems to have changed it - but his was a bald guy with a goatee and similar clothing to the previous one.

Are these people philosophers or who are they?

My question is, why are you so worried about judging avatars when you have none? Whatever the choice, at least they added an avatar, not like some others....Angry
(March 23, 2013 at 12:51 pm)Jextin Wrote: [Image: 000167319.jpg]

the other guy looked like this but bald

heres another

[Image: robert-hare-jean-jacques-rousseau-french...author.jpg]

(March 23, 2013 at 12:51 pm)Mr Infidel Wrote: You could just private message the person who has that avatar to ask him about it.

Yeah i did but no reply was curious if its like a philospher thing, like people who are intersted in philosophy use philosphers as avatars? ive only noticed it recently so wondering if its a new thing...or maybe its all the same person Lol!

The top guy is Galileo and the bottom is Rousseau. More importantly, why do you care?
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(March 23, 2013 at 1:59 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:

It's Emmanuel Swedenborg.

Quote:Swedenborg had a prolific career as an inventor and scientist. In 1741, at the age of 53, he entered into a spiritual phase[7] in which he began to experience dreams and visions, beginning on Easter weekend of April 6, 1744. This culminated in a 'spiritual awakening', in which he received revelation that he was appointed by the Lord to write a heavenly New Church Doctrine to reform Christianity.

Sounds like he had a mini-stroke to me. Those can cause delusions.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sexual desire seems to be a curse for men Macoleco 121 7370 January 24, 2023 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  These guys have ALL the answers Dr H 3 542 November 13, 2018 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Atheists, I want to know your explanation for these Out of body experiences? arda101 39 5903 January 29, 2017 at 2:57 am
Last Post: Magilla
  Are All Men Equal? Loading Please Wait 30 3606 December 13, 2016 at 4:02 am
Last Post: ukatheist
  Do you ever wish you could just say "these people should be killed" DespondentFishdeathMasochismo 50 6925 November 27, 2015 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: DespondentFishdeathMasochismo
  Are Married Men "Husbands?" How About a New Term for a New Relationship? Rhondazvous 60 9003 July 2, 2015 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: Justtristo
  Men and Women equal? No, never. ideologue08 131 41292 May 27, 2013 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: Gilgamesh
  Morality, Justice, Greatness - do these things prove God? Mystic 25 9718 March 5, 2012 at 1:20 am
Last Post: AthiestAtheist