Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 7:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kay is a proud auntie!
Kay is a proud auntie!
I had a wonderful discussion with my almost 5-year-old nephew, Mr. Red, a couple of weeks ago. He's a big fan of the French animated series 'Il était une fois... la vie' and due to watching it, he now knows that a sperm and an egg cell is needed to make a baby.

Red, his other aunt (my cousin) and I were sitting at the table discussing cousins and he asked us both if we wanted to have babies and that he dearly wish for girls. Then he proceeded to ask us how the baby becomes a girl or a boy. I told him that the egg cell has always the chromosome x and that the sperm can have either x or y, and xx means girl, xy means boy. Red looked at me for a while, clearly in thought.

"X for boy..?", he asked.
"No, x for girl", I answered.

He nodded and was very pleased with the explanation. A few days later when his parents arrived home from Paris, he surprised his mother, telling her "X for girls, y for boys!". She didn't know how he knew that before I told her about our discussion. Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

RE: Kay is a proud auntie!
At 5 years old he already smarter than creationists. The kid will go far.
I sure hope so. He has a large appetite for knowledge and fortunately he's surrounded by people who listen and talk to him Smile
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(April 23, 2013 at 9:40 am)Kayenneh Wrote: I had a wonderful discussion with my almost 5-year-old nephew, Mr. Red, a couple of weeks ago. He's a big fan of the French animated series 'Il était une fois... la vie' and due to watching it, he now knows that a sperm and an egg cell is needed to make a baby.

Red, his other aunt (my cousin) and I were sitting at the table discussing cousins and he asked us both if we wanted to have babies and that he dearly wish for girls. Then he proceeded to ask us how the baby becomes a girl or a boy. I told him that the egg cell has always the chromosome x and that the sperm can have either x or y, and xx means girl, xy means boy. Red looked at me for a while, clearly in thought.

"X for boy..?", he asked.
"No, x for girl", I answered.

He nodded and was very pleased with the explanation. A few days later when his parents arrived home from Paris, he surprised his mother, telling her "X for girls, y for boys!". She didn't know how he knew that before I told her about our discussion. Big Grin

Congratulations auntie kay

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(April 23, 2013 at 1:23 pm)paulpablo Wrote: Congratulations auntie kay

Thanks! Big Grin

If only his brothers were as interested in science.. Tongue

Well, they may not be interested in biology.... but technology, teach then about electricity, physics, chemistry, geology... see what sticks!
Congratulations Auntie Kay Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Representation: Stand proud! BlackSwordsman 18 3024 May 23, 2014 at 12:37 pm
Last Post: BlackSwordsman