Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Supernatural phenomenon?
Supernatural phenomenon?
[url=<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5PK_tFaDY8A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>]Poltergeist caught on tape in Germany[/url]

This video depicts an old house in Germany that shows activity of some sort. There are only three instances where something happens.
1. A small child's face is seen in what I think is a mirror, strangely the face seems very doll like or possibly real. Not very sure.
2. Something pushes over crates as the recorder walks into a room.
3. As the recorder approaches a room the door slams shut on him and he promptly runs out of the house.

The recorder claims all of these phenomenon to be real supernatural occurrences. As an atheist I'm quite skeptical, but it's these things, if they were actual supernatural phenomenon, that makes me question things. I don't typically validate this as supernatural because I think there were two individuals that got out of the car but only one (the recorder) was ever seen throughout the video. Any opinions?
I used to pray... but then I realized I could talk to myself and save 10% too. Who wouldn't go for that?ROFLOL
RE: Supernatural phenomenon?
I watch Ghost Hunters International for the laughs. I love it when they visit a 13th century castle in Moldavia and address the "ghost" in English and then claim that it answers in English!

But obviously good enough to con the morons who accept that nonsense anyway.
B. The Origin of Demons
Thus says the Lord God to Tyre, … And they shall take up a lamentation over you and say to you, 'How you have perished (vanished, in other translations), 0 inhabited one, From the seas, 0 renowned city, Which was mighty on the sea, She and her inhabitants, Who imposed her terror On all her inhabitants!'" (Ezek. 26:15, 17 NASB)

For thus says the Lord God: When I make you a city laid waste, like the cities that are not inhabited, when I bring up the deep over you, then I will thrust you down with those who descend into the Pit, to the people of old, and I will make you to dwell in the nether world, among primeval ruins, with those who go down to the Pit, so that you will not be inhabited or have a place in the land of the living. (Ezek. 26:19﷓20)

These verses in Ezekiel 26 above take on even more significance when it is realized that only two chapters later in this same book of the Bible, Satan is referred to allegorically as the king of Tyre. It is most likely that these verses are an allegorical reference to what happened on the earth at the time of Satan's rebellion. Who are the people of old, and where did these primeval ruins come from?

This is the major rift valley of the Earth; a second one, also perpendicular to and astride the equator, has been detected in the submerged Mid﷓Atlantic Range. 95

This being the case, we should expect to find evidence of a racial myth, a legend, with the following characteristics:

1. The legend is persistent, despite there being no cultural or archaeological evidence whatsoever to support it.
2. This legendary race lived on a continent﷓island﷓city that was situated in the Atlantic Ocean and was destroyed by a violent, cataclysmic disaster, which caused a rapid, complete inundation by the ocean due to its sinking.

Do we find evidence of such a persistent legend in the literature of our race?

But to this day the tradition, as revived by Plato, has not died....
An incomplete catalogue of the literature on Atlantis in 1926 included 1,700 titles. 99

Has anyone reading this not heard of the legend of Atlantis?
Quote:For thus says the Lord God: When I make you a city laid waste, like the cities that are not inhabited, when I bring up the deep over you, then I will thrust you down with those who descend into the Pit, to the people of old, and I will make you to dwell in the nether world, among primeval ruins, with those who go down to the Pit, so that you will not be inhabited or have a place in the land of the living. (Ezek. 26:19﷓20)

[Image: hassan-bahsun.jpg]

Brought to you by the Tyre, Lenanon Chamber of Commerce as befits what is still the 4th largest city in Lebanon.

Looks like "god" fucked up. It's still "inhabited."
If it happened in the world, it's natural, not supernatural. If it's supernatural, it didn't happen in the world, so they wouldn't be able to know about it. Claims of "supernatural" are self-defeating. Unless one is defining "supernatural" as "I don't have any explanation for it" - which is just another "god o'the gaps" argument.
I read this as Supernatural Pokemon.

Maybe I just really... really want it to be real. Undecided

* Violet kicks a small stone.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
It's all bullshit. Otherwise they'd be called "Narutal" rather than "Supernatural."

Weird shit happens, but it's natural. I'm not suffiently educated to know exactly what the natural explanations are, but they're there.

I believed in ghosts and shit as a kid because all the things people said were caused by ghosts and poltergiests happened in my flat. They still do happen quite a lot, and when it's late at night it does still creep me the fuck out, but I know it's not actually anything magic or supernatural now.
So I started watching the video, but it's bringing my headache creeping back because whoever is recording is absolutely shite at it and it looks like Cloverfield, which might be the problem.

It's probably not a coincidence that I don't EVER, NOT ONCE, NOT EVER, NEVER NEVER NEVER see a professional photographer posting on ANY of the portfolio sites I belong to a picture of a ghost. Not because some of them are not superstitious, or don't believe in souls, but because they understand how the eye can be fooled, how light plays tricks, and above all how cameras work and the way artifacts, dust, and darkness can fuck with your picture. Know what we call orbs? Lens flare.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
I've had a few experiences when I was younger, still can't explain them, but maybe some day. In general running water seems to have been close by for most, and I never saw or felt anything interactive, more like a recording. But I won't say supernatural until other avenues have been explored fully. Did freak me out though.
(May 28, 2013 at 6:37 pm)pgardner31 Wrote: 2. This legendary race lived on a continent﷓island﷓city that was situated in the Atlantic Ocean and was destroyed by a violent, cataclysmic disaster, which caused a rapid, complete inundation by the ocean due to its sinking.

Do we find evidence of such a persistent legend in the literature of our race?

Has anyone reading this not heard of the legend of Atlantis?
Ummm, you do realize islands can't sink right?
This would be a mistake ancients would have made in their stories, possibly not knowing at the time that islands were really just the visible tops of mountains.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Discussion of supernatural activities Jose 32 8646 August 18, 2014 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: ShaMan
Question If there is no such thing as the supernatural, then how do you explain this? Revelation777 70 10040 July 18, 2014 at 12:57 am
Last Post: LostLocke
  Supernatural Plants thesummerqueen 9 6609 December 11, 2012 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Blind Faith: the Fail-Safe of the Supernatural Admiral Ackbar 4 2513 June 2, 2011 at 1:29 pm
Last Post: Kayenneh