Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 11:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Checkmate, atheists
Checkmate, atheists
Seen on a thread that started with a sob story about a gallon of milk. The responses started at stupid and went downhill from there.

“Question for non believers: how do you know a headache is there when you can't see the pain?"
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: Checkmate, atheists
Do you have a link so I can witness this stupidity first hand?
Do you have a FB?
Because it hurts like hell sometimes. Like those headaches that hurt as you feel the pumps from your heart in your head.

But, but... What does it have to do with a galon of milk?
It's so funny when people get stuck on the 'can't see' thing. You can't see the wind but I know it is there! Fucking morons. You can measure the wind, you can find out the cause of a headache and ultimately it can be measured too. It's such simplistic thinking but ultimately if this thought process wasn't derived from simple minded chodes they wouldn't be Christians (or Muslims or Jews) to start with.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
I don't know how well this link will work, but here it is, if you want to see it in all its shitty glory. I started out just trolling, got mad, went to bed, woke up from a nightmare to a notification on it and saw that comment and had to get up and get a glass of scotch.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...tif_t=like

My facebook status after seeing it was "At what point do you suggest to these people that they insert their head into a plastic bag?" I mean, how do you know you need air when you can't see it?
I admit that the whole "material/immaterial" thing confuses me. How does someone get from "concepts, ideas, feelings and emotions are immaterial" to "therefore there exists an immaterial universe/dimension and in that universe/dimension there is a magnificent being of incomparable power who interacts with our universe/dimension both physically and metaphysically, both naturally and supernaturally"? I cannot "touch" math, therefore god exists? What am I missing?
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
I love how everyone in the comment section is in tears over a bullshit story.
(June 20, 2013 at 8:35 am)Tonus Wrote: I cannot "touch" math, therefore god exists? What am I missing?
Nothing, it's that simple! That's why religion has more followers than science, it's not so unnecessarily complicated!

[Image: aliens_meme.jpg]
"Men see clearly enough the barbarity of all ages — except their own!" — Ernest Crosby.
In case any of the newbs don't know it yet, I'm the "Rachel" that ended up pissing them all off about halfway down or so. I wish I knew that Emily chick - she was cool.