Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
kind of isolated
kind of isolated
not to sound like in depth profile but I'm an African American woman and growing up in the black Baptist church things were just...I'm not really sure how to describe it. A lot of my family members don't even know my position on god. hence,the feeling of isolation.

I'm also apart of the LGBT community and the churches views on gays----well there's no need to elaborate...also isolating.

lastly I have few non-theist friends. I don't mind it much,I'm a very open minded and don't have some sort of faith(or lack there of) requirement----it's just nice to have some friends with a similar view point on god.

so basically anyone got any support to give?
hope's this makes sense
RE: kind of isolated
It appears that you have come to the right place young padawan.

The only unforgivable sin here is bad grammar.

All the rest is cool.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
No seriously. Your only crime here is a lack of understanding grammar and the use of spell check.

You must look very beautiful due to your genetics Big Grin

Welcome and don't feel isolated anymore. Heart
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
You'll notice we have all sorts of people here. You're not out of place on these forums.
Ya'll don't pick on her grammar. Some of us have problems with that.
You will fit in here K2490. It is a diverse bunch.
Especially if health abnormalities like dyslexia are the case. Completely understandable.

And Welcome.
Welcome. I hope you like it here. If you're not uncomfortable being surrounded by white people, you might want to check Meetup.com. Just enter 'atheist' and how far you're willing to drive and you can see if there is a group having meetings where you can meet some more fellow non-theists.

Most Unitarian congregations don't require belief in God and are LGBT welcoming. And I hear about half of LGBTs are 'nones', so getting more involved in that community could be helpful.

I know you're in an isolating situation, but there are ways you can reach out. Maybe you can start a group for African American LGBT nontheists. Smile
Just relax, dear. You're among friends.

(Well, except for the handful of nutty theists but no one pays much attention to them.)
Welcome! and blame all speling with grammer errors on ur smart phone.

That's what I do.

A lot of god-hating, baby eating sinners around these parts.
[Image: cook_baby.jpg]

Burp.....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  All kind of Agnostics people Eclectic 4 511 August 25, 2022 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  what kind of pet food do you like? Rico 15 3268 July 19, 2015 at 11:41 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  What Kind of Atheist are You? AFTT47 89 11661 May 2, 2015 at 6:45 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  as an atheist, what kind of morality do you foster in your lives? ticktaka 34 6324 April 19, 2014 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  What kind of atheist are you? frz 40 8476 April 17, 2013 at 10:43 pm
Last Post: Brayton.l
  What Kind of Atheist are you? SavageNerdz 32 10302 April 6, 2012 at 9:22 am
Last Post: Tempus
  What Kind of Atheist Am I? LunchBox 29 6111 September 12, 2011 at 8:51 am
Last Post: leo-rcc