Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 1, 2024, 6:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello All
Smile 
Hello All
My name is Robert D. Wright, I am 16 years old and live in Hampton, GA.

I became an atheist around 2000, when we stopped going to church and I really questioned everything. I found that everything can be solved with hard work, science/math, and by not being afraid to accept you don't know something and goto a supernatural being for the answer.

I live with my dad, girlfriend, her mom, and her 2 brothers, along with my little sister. Unfortunately, they all are Christian (kinda, not heavy), and some even believe in ghosts ;\\\
I refer to myself as a Strong Atheist because I not only do not believe in gods, but I believe they do not exist.

I am in 11th grade, and goto a school mostly inhabited by Christians, Muslims, and others that have potential to be Satanists. I acutally have done much research on Satanism, and found that it is a resonable religion except for the fact that a supernatural being is involved. So atheism was the way for me.

- Robert D. Wright
--- RDW, 17
"Extraordinary claims, require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan
"I don't believe in [any] god[s]. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason." - Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut
[Image: truthyellow.jpg]
RE: Hello All
Well then, welcome Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Greetings Robert! Smile

Glad you decided to hop on board the forum and join like-minded people. Certainly hope you enjoy your stay!
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
(September 17, 2009 at 9:48 pm)littlegrimlin1 Wrote: I refer to myself as a Strong Atheist because I not only do not believe in gods, but I believe they do not exist.

Well that's rare!

Welcome dude Wink
Welcome mate Smile

(September 17, 2009 at 9:48 pm)littlegrimlin1 Wrote: I acutally have done much research on Satanism, and found that it is a resonable religion except for the fact that a supernatural being is involved. So atheism was the way for me.

Reasonable except for the supernatural being involved...what...Satan? Could you perhaps elaborate on that?

But if your answer is going to be in any way long, perhaps you could create a thread about it (if you so wished). Entirely up to you.

I'll ask you about the 'strong atheism' matter elsewhere.

EvF
From what I've read, there are two kinds of satanists. Modern Satanists and Traditional Satanists.

The modern satanist looks at satanism as more of a way of life rather then a religion. For instance, and I quote:

Quote:Love your enemies and do good to them that hate and use you - is this not the despicable philosophy of the spaniel that rolls upon its back when kicked?

Hate your enemies with a whole heart, and if a man smite you on one cheek, smash him on the other. Smite him hip and thigh, for self-preservation is the highest law.

Also, about love:

Quote:You cannot love everyone; it is ridiculous to think you can. If you love everyone and everything, you lose your natural powers of selection and wind up being a pretty poor judge of character and quality. If anything is used too freely, it loses its true meaning. Therefore, the Satanist believes you should love strongly and completely those who deserve your love, but never turn the other cheek to your enemy.

The tradition satanist would involve in the rituals and stuff involved in satanism which in my opinion is a lot of bull, but the descriptions as I quoted above I do find interesting.
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
Well, I've always thought Satan was a nicer bloke than Yahweh. Well, ever since I've known about the OT that is!!

EvF
Oh there is one more quote, well I don't know it exactly but it goes something like..

"Satan has been god's best friend for centuries, keeping him in business all this while" Tongue
Smile 
Really? is it rare? I don't even know... this is only the second forum I've joined. nullgod . c o m seems to be out of business, their members just do not have activity anymore.
I am not familiar on each type of satanism, I would assume the modern type I have read of. No rituals were involved, and it only appealled to me because of what they go by to live. I think it was their testaments I've read, but Satan, being the supernatural being, took me out of looking at it, it also referred to dark magic and I was out hah.

Thanks all the welcomes!

- Robert D. Wright
--- RDW, 17
"Extraordinary claims, require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan
"I don't believe in [any] god[s]. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason." - Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut
[Image: truthyellow.jpg]
(September 18, 2009 at 10:14 am)littlegrimlin1 Wrote: Really? is it rare?

Is what rare?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello to all SimpleCaveman 52 3598 November 29, 2023 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: SimpleCaveman
  Hello y'all BillieBobbie 3 725 January 18, 2023 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Objectivist
  Twitter refugee, hello all Dizzyagain 27 1784 October 20, 2020 at 7:32 pm
Last Post: Dizzyagain
  Hello All! Smedders 11 741 December 29, 2019 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Hello all Bmanne 23 2982 December 12, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: sebaslopez
  Hello All Mark Alien 24 2694 August 7, 2019 at 11:25 am
Last Post: veoli
  Hello all ohio_drg 13 1348 September 28, 2018 at 7:08 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Hi all - new here is all.... val5662 15 2163 March 18, 2017 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Hello all I am new at the forums blackstar 15 3316 October 21, 2015 at 4:18 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello all ! webrn 32 4234 October 18, 2015 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Losty