Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My opinion about people who change of religion
My opinion about people who change of religion
My opinion about people who change of religion is the next.
I think that people who leave their religion to change of religion are people who know that their religion is not the truth. Therefore they will make researches about others religions and will find a religion who can satisfy them.

Why I think that ? I read messages in many Francophone forums about people who leaved Islam for Christianity and all these people discovered that Islam is not the truth. Likewise for people who leaved Christianity for Islam.

But we can note that all of them didn't analysed all main texts (holy book , commentaries by theologians , others texts who are the foundation of this religion etc...) about their new religion.

Also I can saw that many of them don't have the basic scientifical knowledge (Cosmology , Evolution theory , Gravity etc...)

What is your opinion about that ?
RE: My opinion about people who change of religion
Not really sure. I had a buddy in the military from Georgia who was a Baptist. After we visited Israel during our time in he converted to Judaism. Puzzling.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
Oi Vey - what a choice!
(June 24, 2013 at 3:15 pm)Rahul Wrote: Not really sure. I had a buddy in the military from Georgia who was a Baptist. After we visited Israel during our time in he converted to Judaism. Puzzling.

Some form of Jerusalem Syndrome, perhaps?

(I was going to say something along the lines of "what would we have to lose by turning to Judaism", but I realise that might be a sore point for some. So I won't do that.)
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(June 24, 2013 at 3:15 pm)Rahul Wrote: Not really sure. I had a buddy in the military from Georgia who was a Baptist. After we visited Israel during our time in he converted to Judaism. Puzzling.

Wow ! I can suppose that your buddy was a creationist like he was a Baptist.
If he was a creationist I can suppose that he's still a creationist.

He maybe discovered the Jewish point of view about the messiah.
That can explain his conversion to Judaism.
I don't know. When we went I hadn't shed my faith yet. I still considered myself a Christian even though I was at that time critically mulling over my beliefs in it. I got some form of Jerusalem Syndrome. Taking a tour around the country and seeing places that I had always been told about growing up really affected me.

It faded pretty quick after I left though.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
(June 24, 2013 at 3:40 pm)viocjit Wrote: If he was a creationist I can suppose that he's still a creationist.

Why would you suppose he's still a creationist?
Quote: "what would we have to lose by turning to Judaism",

The end of your dick?

Torah does not prohibit premarital sex (at least not directly).

Lots of christian man convert for pussy, everybody knows that jewish one is the best, especially if it is from Czech Republic Tongue
Why Won't God Heal Amputees ? 

Oči moje na ormaru stoje i gledaju kako sarma kipi  Tongue
Seems to me that people who convert from one religion to another are probably religion-shopping in the first place. Maybe something in their own religion makes them uncomfortable and they find something they like in another religion. Being raised Catholic from birth, I never experienced this, I went straight to atheism.

What I'll never understand is why Christian women convert to Islam. I mean, that's like going from indentured servitude directly to slavery. Christianity is bad enough toward women but at least they're not required to wear all that hijab/burka nonsense.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to change a mind Aroura 0 285 July 30, 2018 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Aroura
  Why Does No One Change the Incorrect Relationship Narrative? InquiringMind 55 6741 October 7, 2016 at 1:31 am
Last Post: InquiringMind
  Why Do People Need Religion? Rebel 24 2801 November 21, 2015 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  What's your opinion of sharking? Zidneya 97 19555 October 19, 2014 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  popular opinion as evidence Coffee Jesus 38 8155 April 14, 2014 at 9:12 am
Last Post: Coffee Jesus
  would you use a time machine to change your past dj-hato 34 8938 April 10, 2013 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: Violet
  What is the change you want to see in the world? Mystic 16 5113 June 10, 2012 at 11:03 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Martin Luther on Copernicus; Bad Opinion Generator AthiestAtheist 2 2291 February 16, 2012 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Change is Bad! Loading Please Wait 12 2913 November 8, 2011 at 2:00 am
Last Post: passionatefool