Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hypocrisy of Teachers
Hypocrisy of Teachers
If anyone has been in public sector education, you would of heard the school say to you "It is never okay for you to hit someone/to take someone's property without permission/ etc"

Yet the parents of the children have to pay for the teachers salary through involuntary taxes, otherwise they get forcefully thrown in a cage.

Some of it is also deferred stealing, as the young are put in debt by the government, having never voted or expressed any voluntary agreement to the government in their life, they are put into debt to pay off for salaries of public sector workers: teachers.

Is it not a contradiction that public school teachers would then tell children that it is not okay to initiate violence, when they them self make a living from those that do initiate violence. And in many ways support and develop the deferred stealing of children in the form of debt slavery.
The only freedom, is freedom from illusion.
RE: Hypocrisy of Teachers
Taxes are the fee one pays to enjoy the luxuries of whatever society one lives in. It's not stealing. You don't have to pay if you don't want to. Just go live in the woods somewhere.
(July 8, 2013 at 10:01 pm)Gilgamesh Wrote: Taxes are the fee one pays to enjoy the luxuries of whatever society one lives in. It's not stealing. You don't have to pay if you don't want to. Just go live in the woods somewhere.

So you are saying that the Jews voluntarily chose to live under the Nazi's rule because they didn't flee to the woods?
(July 8, 2013 at 10:03 pm)Koolay Wrote:
(July 8, 2013 at 10:01 pm)Gilgamesh Wrote: Taxes are the fee one pays to enjoy the luxuries of whatever society one lives in. It's not stealing. You don't have to pay if you don't want to. Just go live in the woods somewhere.

So you are saying that the Jews voluntarily chose to live under the Nazi's rule because they didn't flee to the woods?

Could you post an explaination on how your stupid posts fits into this in any kind of way?!
(July 8, 2013 at 10:03 pm)Koolay Wrote: So you are saying that the Jews voluntarily chose to live under the Nazi's rule because they didn't flee to the woods?
No?
(July 8, 2013 at 10:06 pm)Gilgamesh Wrote:
(July 8, 2013 at 10:03 pm)Koolay Wrote: So you are saying that the Jews voluntarily chose to live under the Nazi's rule because they didn't flee to the woods?
No?

Right, but you just told me that if you comply with a violent rule then you are voluntarily accepting it unless you physically move from the area, or in this case country.

So you have to apply what you said to all situations and circumstances to be logically valid.

So you are saying for example that those Jews who did not flee the nazi government voluntarily chose the government since they didn't move.
(July 8, 2013 at 10:09 pm)Koolay Wrote: Right, but you just told me that if you comply with a violent rule then you are voluntarily accepting it unless you physically move from the area, or in this case country.
No, I didn't. Whether you agree with the rule or not is irrelevant. If you live there and the rule (government) wants money, you give your money. If you don't like that, you have the choice to leave. If you don't have the choice to leave, you're shit out of luck. Still does't matter if you accept or agree with the government. They're bigger than an individual so you better start paying =]

And none of this relates to teachers because the teachers aren't the ones enforcing taxes.
(July 8, 2013 at 10:14 pm)Gilgamesh Wrote:
(July 8, 2013 at 10:09 pm)Koolay Wrote: Right, but you just told me that if you comply with a violent rule then you are voluntarily accepting it unless you physically move from the area, or in this case country.
No, I didn't. Whether you agree with the rule or not is irrelevant. If you live there and the rule (government) wants money, you give your money. If you don't like that, you have the choice to leave. If you didn't have the choice to leave, you're shit out of luck. Still does't matter if you accept or agree with the government. They're bigger than an individual so you better start paying =]

Okay, but what has this got to do with my OP?

Is it contradictory or not?
(July 8, 2013 at 9:48 pm)Koolay Wrote: If anyone has been in public sector education, you would of heard the school say to you "It is never okay for you to hit someone/to take someone's property without permission/ etc"

No, actually, in my school, we had regular prizefights and learned how to pick pockets.

(July 8, 2013 at 9:48 pm)Koolay Wrote: Yet the parents of the children have to pay for the teachers salary through involuntary taxes, otherwise they get forcefully thrown in a cage.

While not in principle, in practice the taxes are the price you pay for enjoying all the benefits of living in a society - such as not having to hunt for food. If you don't want to pay it, then get out of the country.

(July 8, 2013 at 9:48 pm)Koolay Wrote: Some of it is also deferred stealing, as the young are put in debt by the government, having never voted or expressed any voluntary agreement to the government in their life, they are put into debt to pay off for salaries of public sector workers: teachers.

How are the 'young' in debt of anyone other than their parents? The parents are the one effectively paying for the education.

(July 8, 2013 at 9:48 pm)Koolay Wrote: Is it not a contradiction that public school teachers would then tell children that it is not okay to initiate violence, when they them self make a living from those that do initiate violence. And in many ways support and develop the deferred stealing of children in the form of debt slavery.

Nope. Because taxation is not initiating violence.
I edited it. I realised very soon I went off course. If the government forces you to pay and forces you to stay, then that is stealing. If you have the choice to leave, it's not stealing. But like I said, if any stealing is going on, the teachers aren't even the ones doing it. It is not contradictory.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A great point of hypocrisy and discrimination -By Ryan Higa(nigahiga) Heat 2 2691 December 17, 2015 at 11:51 pm
Last Post: Heat
  Appeal to hypocrisy John V 19 9291 December 12, 2012 at 9:32 am
Last Post: John V