Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 10:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Judaism Sub-Forum?
No Judaism Sub-Forum?
I noticed you guys have christianity, islam, and "other". How come there is no forum for discussing Judaism, or does that fit under "other"?

I am not racist or anti semitic or anything. I place this BS religion in the same BS category as the rest of them. Lately though I have noticed that people don't like it when you point out things like that the Exodus never happened... or that the temple of solomon has never been found.

I had a friend tell me that I was ignorant because I said there was no evidence that jews were ever slaves in Egypt. Then he tried to tell me some BS about how Moses was really an egyptian pharaoh named Aten. I looked it up and the only websites promoting this theory were crackpot woo.

What a world we live in!
RE: No Judaism Sub-Forum?
Never in my life have I had a Jew try and convert me. On those grounds alone, it is easily my favourite Abrahamic religion.

Not a lot of reason for atheists to whine too heavily. They even recognise atheism as a "subsidiary" group within the creed.
[Image: ascent_descent422.jpg]
Tho' Nature, red in tooth and celt
With ravine, shriek'd against his creed

Red Celt's Blog
There are only around 14 million Jews in the world, compared to the 2.1 billion Christians and 1.5 billion Muslims. They're a religious minority, and I'm not aware of any members on this forum that are Jewish.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

If it were to me the Christian and Islam subforums wouldn`t exsist.
There would simply be a subforum "Abrahamic religions" - just to piss of some christians who dont want to be assosciated with Islam in any way.
(July 9, 2013 at 11:28 am)CleanShavenJesus Wrote: There are only around 14 million Jews in the world, compared to the 2.1 billion Christians and 1.5 billion Muslims. They're a religious minority, and I'm not aware of any members on this forum that are Jewish.

The Summer Queen is a secular Jew, I believe.
[Image: ascent_descent422.jpg]
Tho' Nature, red in tooth and celt
With ravine, shriek'd against his creed

Red Celt's Blog
(July 9, 2013 at 11:32 am)Red Celt Wrote:
(July 9, 2013 at 11:28 am)CleanShavenJesus Wrote: There are only around 14 million Jews in the world, compared to the 2.1 billion Christians and 1.5 billion Muslims. They're a religious minority, and I'm not aware of any members on this forum that are Jewish.

The Summer Queen is a secular Jew, I believe.

Really? I did not know that.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

I suspect it's because it's only a minor religion. I don't even know any Jews IRL.
(July 9, 2013 at 11:10 am)Moog Player Wrote: Lately though I have noticed that people don't like it when you point out things like that the Exodus never happened... or that the temple of solomon has never been found.

Are these people Jews or are they Christians? The latter get much more worked about that sort of thing.
Well I am an atheist Jew if it helps at all.

Judaism is not a religion that seeks new converts. It keeps itself to itself as far as possible. In some ways its a plus point but it does lead to it being viewed as an exclusive club and people don't like being told they don't qualify for membership - even if they never wanted to join in the first place.

Its also unfortunate for Judaism that 2 of the world's most popular religions sprang from it and don't take kindly to Jewish rejection of their saviours and prophets.

In summary - me being Jewish is a bit like having cancer. Its not contagious - but it may well kill me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Judaism - What is judaism - When did it start? Ferrocyanide 19 1905 November 26, 2022 at 1:29 am
Last Post: UniversesBoss
  Judaism: Blood Libel Richerd83 34 1809 July 11, 2020 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  My take on Christianity - Judaism - Islam Mystic 32 6600 November 14, 2018 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Reltzik
  Islam versus Judaism KerimF 22 7600 June 29, 2017 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: KerimF
  How to learn Judaism sshoaib 11 1953 October 5, 2016 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Polytheistic Origins of Christianity/Judaism Eel_LahjicK 2 943 August 16, 2014 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Videos and texts about the foundation of Judaism and Christianity viocjit 1 1153 June 15, 2013 at 11:44 am
Last Post: CleanShavenJesus
  Why isn't there a Judaism sub forum? frz 24 9092 April 29, 2013 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: A_Nony_Mouse
  Judaism and Origins of Christianity Forsaken 29 12395 September 2, 2012 at 1:04 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Christianity Sub forum Drich 6 2006 May 21, 2012 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Napoléon