Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Parasitical Christian Televangelist/Consumerist Hybrid
The Parasitical Christian Televangelist/Consumerist Hybrid
In my view, televangelist Bryan Fischer is easily the most disgusting human being in America. He goes on national television and preaches the most teratoid, perverted Calvinist dogma you could possibly imagine. The thing is trying to establish Christianity as the national religion in America, which is why he thinks there should be laws against using the lord's name in vain and blasphemy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdh4SiNmZcs

But aversion aside, let us analyze what is behind Fischer and the televangelists. You see, in the 1920s, the consumerist era began. Starting back then, one was seen as a good citizen if you bought a lot of stuff, and buying new products somehow made you happy. Then came the era of coerced consumption and the advertising age, in which big corporations seduced you with alluring advertisements playing on your sexual and social fears. "Buy my product and you'll be a success" was the message in them all. With the growth of consumerist culture and its teratoid offspring, the advertising age, companies are now trying to sell you stuff everywhere you go; whether it's in a local restaurant, a shopping mall, a big city covered in billboards, or buses draped in corporate advertisements. What is worse: The advertising age and invention of television brought the televangelists to our homes. Falwell and the rest of the charlatans guaranteed you a spot in heaven if you would just dial their 1-800 number and give your credit card number to the church's PR representative.

And that is exactly what Bryan Fischer does. His show is like an elaborate political ad to scam you into thinking he is a messenger from God, and you must give him and the American Family Association money so they can send you to heaven. Take a look at the video below, and see how he exploits your fear in order to get your money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FmIMAA46...AE&index=1

Then Mr. Fischer ludicrously claimed that Americans should be required by law to attend church, and the atheists should be taxed for not going. Take a look below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaV2ZrGXq8g

In that video, Fischer sounds like one of those stupid half-hour health commercials for shampoo, gyms, and new hygienic products that have just been released on the market. He says church is good for your health, just like the commercials do, and he attacks the atheist philosophy just like a company attacks its competitors (McDonalds vs. Burger King, etc.). In the previous video, he did the same to Christopher Hitchens; he exploited your fear of hell and eternal torture in order to turn his viewers against the atheist.

So there you have it. Consumerist culture really is detrimental to America. In this day and age, Americans want to buy everything, including fear and a ticket to the afterlife. And that's where ol' Bryan comes in.
RE: The Parasitical Christian Televangelist/Consumerist Hybrid
I've never heard of this dickhead before.

I could have joyfully postponed the meeting forever!
I noticed him before and I can only say that the term "fascist" is not an insult when used to describe him, since it would be an accurate description of the person.

How many people d you think listen to him?
(July 9, 2013 at 11:15 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: I noticed him before and I can only say that the term "fascist" is not an insult when used to describe him, since it would be an accurate description of the person.

How many people d you think listen to him?

Yes, he is definitely a fascist. He is a leader in the Christian Dominionist Church. You may have heard of them. They're a totalitarian cult that are trying to build a master race of Christians. I don't know if you read much, but the essayist Chris Hedges has a great book called American Fascists: The Christian Right and the War on America. I have read it several times, and he was interviewed on Democracy Now a few years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt8HHTHEMKI

I would imagine that quite a few people listen to Fischer. The American Family Association makes millions of dollars a year, and Fischer is basically their PR representative.
Quote:They're a totalitarian cult that are trying to build a master race of Christians.

Ah.....

[Image: 20hitlercatholicchurch.jpg]

yeah....
(July 10, 2013 at 12:39 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:They're a totalitarian cult that are trying to build a master race of Christians.

Ah.....

[Image: 20hitlercatholicchurch.jpg]

yeah....

The Christian Dominionist Church does bare strong resemblances to fascist movements in Germany.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 89388 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  How to become a Televangelist? mcolafson 20 7006 September 27, 2016 at 5:40 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Yet more christian logic: christian sues for not being given a job she refuses to do. Esquilax 21 7438 July 20, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  Relationships - Christian and non-Christian way Ciel_Rouge 6 6343 August 21, 2012 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: frankiej