Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are you today?
Why are you today?
I am me today because my creator made me.

His design was perfect for my purpose/ I couldn't be designed better.

I didn't evolve. This is my pure form.

My creator is undeniable, and independently verifiable.

This is why I am today. How about you?
RE: Why are you today?
(July 13, 2013 at 2:28 am)fr0d0 Wrote: I am me today because my creator made me.

Say hi to Dr Frankenstein for me.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(July 13, 2013 at 2:28 am)fr0d0 Wrote: I am me today because my creator made me.

I am me today because the inevitable laws of causality led to my existence.

There was no design, no intent and no purpose. The question of better or worse, of perfection or fault does not arise. I simply am.

I did evolve from the moment of my birth into what I am today and I have been my pure form at every stage - and yet, this is not the form I desire - so I continue to grow and evolve.

I deny any creator and I do not see verification for any such entity.

This is why I am today. And so are you.
Are you really so insecure that you need to dream up that magical sky-daddy, Frods?
I am today? I can't wait until I meet the rest of my new family, tomorrow and yesterday!
freedomfromfallacy » I'm weighing my tears to see if the happy ones weigh the same as the sad ones.
Quote:My creator is undeniable, and independently verifiable.

I deny him with some frequency and total ease, but when I ask you for independent verification, you tell me I'm being dumb for asking.

So, cool story bro.
I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Paul, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

I am today because my mom and dad had unprotected sex, like their parents before them.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

genkaus Wrote:I did evolve from the moment of my birth into what I am today..................

Oh, this is a big statement.
I guess you have positive evidence of this.
DO YOU?Thinking

What's the precise question here? "Why" can mean a whole host of things (think of Aristotle's four causes for starters).
In this desert of language we find ourselves in,
with the sign-post with the word 'God' worn away
...and the distance?
R.S. Thomas

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I named my penis today. Gawdzilla Sama 26 1881 September 7, 2020 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  A Lesson in the Practicality of Philosophy I Learned Today Mudhammam 36 7531 October 22, 2014 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Mudhammam