Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Try God...
Try God...
I was recently hospitalized due to mental health issues and on the way to the hospital the paramedic in the back was like "What helps me is God,he gives me so much joy.I suggest you try god,not that occult stuff but the bible believers"Give it a try what do you have to lose.

THEN,I got a phone call from a friend while I was in the hospitals she was basically saying god is real because all the time I would have died but didn't.(suicide)Then I went into how I feel about everyone has a purpose and we are connected in a way.

The she said "What you said is exactly what the bible says" and I was like many religions have a common morale and she was like "No"

she also says that no religion can be proven you have to go by faith.

she also mentioned having a relationship god

It may not be to a high degree but I'm feeling a lot of pressure to convert and it annoying
RE: Try God...
(July 16, 2013 at 1:58 am)k2490 Wrote: It may not be to a high degree but I'm feeling a lot of pressure to convert and it annoying
Do it.
(July 16, 2013 at 1:58 am)k2490 Wrote: I was recently hospitalized due to mental health issues and on the way to the hospital the paramedic in the back was like "What helps me is God,he gives me so much joy.I suggest you try god,not that occult stuff but the bible believers"Give it a try what do you have to lose.

THEN,I got a phone call from a friend while I was in the hospitals she was basically saying god is real because all the time I would have died but didn't.(suicide)Then I went into how I feel about everyone has a purpose and we are connected in a way.

The she said "What you said is exactly what the bible says" and I was like many religions have a common morale and she was like "No"

she also says that no religion can be proven you have to go by faith.

she also mentioned having a relationship god

It may not be to a high degree but I'm feeling a lot of pressure to convert and it annoying

What pressure do you feel, I mean what's the feeling like. You should read the Bible, I recommend to read the New Testament first and ask questions lots of them. I know nothing about you or your past as far as religion goes, so I want to be careful not to say things that would discourage you or upset you. PM me if you feel you need some questions answered.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Let go and let God.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Quote:I was recently hospitalized due to mental health issues and on the way to the hospital the paramedic in the back was like "What helps me is God,he gives me so much joy.

You were going to a mental hospital. You should expect to find delusional people there.

Ignore them and fools like G-C. Fairy tales are for children.
Read the Bible, but start at Genesis. It starts there, so start there. First, drink a redbull or something of the sort. That shit is boring. Then read. You'll love the irony.

Don't cherry pick. Ok, now go!
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
I agree. Read the bible. Its so bloody boring that if that doesn't turn you off the religion, probably nothing else will.
Go to skeptics annoted bible on the web.

It will help you spot the contradictions the bible is filled with.(also all the bullshit)
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
And then read the quoran!

It reads like a fascists manual to build a police state
(July 16, 2013 at 1:58 am)k2490 Wrote: she also mentioned having a relationship god
Tell her to practice safe sex, wouldn't want to have any more of those God fellows running around... Wink
"Men see clearly enough the barbarity of all ages — except their own!" — Ernest Crosby.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12430 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  If you believe in the God of the Bible, why try to prove it logically? Zarith 391 166209 July 20, 2013 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 6700 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad