Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 3:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Words you wish existed
Words you wish existed
Make up words here.

I wish "funner" was a word to describe something that is more fun some other thing.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
RE: Words you wish existed
Not my word, my husband's and it was really a case of misspeaking...dramastic...dramatic and drastic and squished together into one word.
Fucktard. Its the best word. If you really managed to fuck up to the next level, you get fucktard status.
Infuckingcredible. Need I explain?

Oh, and flubber.
(July 20, 2013 at 5:18 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: Make up words here.

I wish "funner" was a word to describe something that is more fun some other thing.

My kids are pretty messed up being 1st language English and having Welsh medium education.. so their English is basic at times. "funner" is definitely a word. "More better" is another one I hate. Loads of people seem to be using that now like it's a real phrase!

I wish that all the words that I thought meant one thing, but meant another, meant what I originally took them to mean.

Misprision being high on the list.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
The words I wish existed are the Farscape cursewords. From my perspective, they hold so much more meaning than the curse words we use today.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(July 20, 2013 at 9:35 pm)Maelstrom Wrote: The words I wish existed are the Farscape cursewords. From my perspective, they hold so much more meaning than the curse words we use today.

Where in the frelling hezmana can I get a tralk around here?

Angel Cloud
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero

I like the fact that in the Firefly saga, expletives are often voiced in Chinese. That rocks my world.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(July 20, 2013 at 9:46 pm)apophenia Wrote: I like the fact that in the Firefly saga, expletives are often voiced in Chinese. That rocks my world.

i actually found it annoying. I recently watched the show, and to be honest I can see why it was cancelled. More hype was made regarding how great it was than actually how great it was.

In Farscape, one watching the show knew what the particular words meant due to context. They used singular words.

In Firefly, one did not know what the Chinese meant unless one spoke it or one read the subtitles. They used entire phrases.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Never ending story: add 3 words! robvalue 9620 542522 August 21, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: no one
  Things your family/friends have done you wish. Brian37 5 507 October 19, 2021 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Holiday Wish-Lists Athene 0 459 November 11, 2019 at 2:51 am
Last Post: Athene
  Pizzagate(the documentary you wish you'd never seen) particleman 14 1487 July 17, 2019 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Interlocutor and other ugly words. Succubus 0 206 March 29, 2019 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Cordless headphones, I don't have the words... Gawdzilla Sama 9 1489 July 9, 2018 at 5:44 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Words and cultural differences pocaracas 15 1785 June 3, 2018 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Words... Foxaèr 24 4170 April 3, 2018 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Brian37
  May I be the first to wish you a safe and happy... Gawdzilla Sama 0 523 January 1, 2018 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Let's wish Christmas wishes !!!🎁 KittyAnn 47 7214 December 25, 2017 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: ignoramus