Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 10:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fatwa on Beauty Pageant Contestants
Fatwa on Beauty Pageant Contestants
http://malaysiandigest.com/top-news/4022...geant.html

So this showed up on my fb.

Things like this seriously depress me. Not because of what's happening, but because of the way people react to it. Use google translate to read some of the comments. It's like the whole country is suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.

Edit:
Quote:Sara Amelia said the 1996 fatwa has to be reviewed to allow Muslims to take part in beauty pageants.

She said: “I’m of mixed-parentage and I can’t help that I’m born a Muslim. I don’t have any prejudice against my religion, but to be disqualified from a pageant for that reason is just ridiculous.
What she means here is that by having 1 muslim parent, her other parent had to convert by law. And she, being born to muslims, is legally a muslim and can never be a nonmuslim, so islamic rulings apply to her. (In Malaysia Shariah court only applies to muslims, while the rest of us pretend like nothing is happening.)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transgendered beauty queen competes in beauty pagent. Ziploc Surprise 6 2368 May 19, 2012 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused