Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cancer
Cancer
Just the other day when I was swimming in a pool, and thinking about that kid who was 15 and found a way to detect pancreatic cancer, I kind of had an epiphany moment. What if, instead of us trying to cure cancer with man made medicines, we got the immune system to attack them instead? What if we reprogram our own natural defenses to recognize cancer as a threat? Without doing any sort of research on the topic, would this be a viable idea?
How does the immune system identify threats?
What does cancer make cells stop producing?'
Can white blood cells destroy cancer cells or are they consumed by it?
RE: Cancer
You mean like this?
AFAIK the immune system already attacks cancer cells; hence paraneoplastic syndrome.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?

[Image: LB_Header_Idea_A.jpg]
Meh, well at least I came up with the idea on my own. Didn't know that studies
Were being done on it. I thought that it might have been a revolutionary idea, but it isn't
Sad
Re: Cancer
Don't be sad. You were trying to think up stuff that could save lives. The fact that the experts already thought of it is neiher here nor there. :-)
(July 29, 2013 at 8:29 am)NoraBrimstone Wrote: Don't be sad. You were trying to think up stuff that could save lives. The fact that the experts already thought of it is neiher here nor there. :-)

Agreed. Kudos to you for just 'thinking' Smile
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(July 28, 2013 at 6:18 pm)Nightfoot92 Wrote: Meh, well at least I came up with the idea on my own. Didn't know that studies
Were being done on it. I thought that it might have been a revolutionary idea, but it isn't
Sad

Don't be too hard on yourself, study on, mabe you can have a revolutionary one yet. It is one of the few truly free features humans have: To have ideas Smile
Thanks guys.
Now get back in that swimming pool and think harder!!!!!
Cunt

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HPV vaccine cutting cervical cancer by nearly 90% zebo-the-fat 6 944 November 4, 2021 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Cancer research pocaracas 14 3766 January 3, 2020 at 6:25 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  2/3 of Golden Retrievers get CANCER ?!?!?! vorlon13 0 404 April 22, 2018 at 11:45 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  CAR-T, The big step forward in cancer treatment The Valkyrie 9 1544 August 31, 2017 at 11:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Hair dye, relaxers and cancer?? brewer 7 2437 August 18, 2017 at 9:40 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Interesting Headline in the War on Cancer.... Minimalist 24 4844 February 24, 2016 at 12:56 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  bacon causes cancer! WHO! ignoramus 65 14512 November 2, 2015 at 8:00 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Air pollution causes cancer, world health authority says pocaracas 3 1352 October 17, 2013 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  15 Year old Finds New way to Diagnose Cancer AtheistCreed 3 1788 September 27, 2013 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: Minimalist