Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A good Pope?
A good Pope?
Following the news arround the recently elected pope I cant help but think that he might be the reformer that the church needed, or stear the ship into a direction where it will be easier to reform.
I am certain that he is better that that Bavarian cunt that came before him.
RE: A good Pope?
"Good pope" is an oxymoron.

There are only shitty popes and somewhat less shitty popes. This guy does seem to be somewhat less shitty.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I keep waiting for the red shoe to drop. What that would entail, exactly, I do not know.
Look at some of the footsteps in which he follows!

http://www.ftarchives.net/foote/crimes/c7.htm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pope fires cardinal who is outspoken critic of gay marriage and abortion TaraJo 18 3934 December 19, 2013 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  "Pope Francis attacks drug legalisation in Latin America" Something completely different 1 1004 July 25, 2013 at 1:50 am
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Pope: "Atheists can go to heaven"- intellectual dishonesty? ideologue08 15 5222 May 26, 2013 at 11:26 am
Last Post: CleanShavenJesus
  What's good for the Goose is good for the Gander? A Theist 24 7099 December 29, 2012 at 10:54 am
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay
  Pope running scared! ib.me.ub 16 5001 April 11, 2011 at 8:51 am
Last Post: ib.me.ub
  Pope charged with crimes against humanity in the World Court Diagoras 7 4986 February 24, 2011 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: OnlyNatural