Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homework Help
Homework Help
I've got this question for my r.e. homework and thought I would check here first.

The question is, why do Christians use the bible in moral decision making?

Any help would be great Big Grin
RE: Homework Help
Um, because it would be weird of them to use a cookbook? Or maybe because they ran out of 20 sided die? They broke their magic 8-ball? The Invisible Pink Unicorn(BBHH) will not speak to them like she does to me? I think any of these should give you enough of a goat path to travel on your quest to knowledge.

Rhizo
Because the Bible claims to be a moral book, featuring a moral God, and Christians feel that they should therefore follow it, I guess. And so they look to the Golden Rule and the 10 commandments, etc. Because they think it's what God wants.

Sorry, I can't help much because I don't know much about religion actually. I just thought I'd just throw in a few suggestions of what I think anyway though, in case they can be of help.

So, hope that helps anyway.

EvF
Thanks Big Grin

My Dad said it was because they believe God is the source of all morality and since they can't ask God directly they look at his autobiography instead!!
spot on dad Smile

Well they can ask him so the bible is known to be true whereas what they understand from God has to be tested.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians and Their Homework! chimp3 78 9206 March 6, 2018 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb