Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians and Their Homework!
Christians and Their Homework!
How many hit and run posters do we get that just want assistance with some school project?

Teacher:

"Your assignment for this weekend is make contact with an actual atheist. Do not engage in a manner that might reveal a common humanity! Instead, wear surgical gloves and maintain a clinically safe distance from these heathens by offering a unique, exclusive, one on one email conversation with true child of god!

Fuck that!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

RE: Christians and Their Homework!
I regard that as just as much bullshittery as the:  "I was an atheist until jesus ( or allah ) grabbed my cock," routine.

Not only are they full of shit but they are also terribly unoriginal.
(March 1, 2018 at 12:39 am)chimp3 Wrote: How many hit and run posters do we get that just want assistance with some school project?

Teacher:

"Your assignment for this weekend is make contact with an actual atheist. Do not engage in a manner that might reveal a common humanity! Instead, wear surgical gloves and maintain a clinically safe distance from these heathens by offering a unique, exclusive, one on one email conversation with true child of god!

Fuck that!

FYI, you don't have to respond to anything, as this is a public forum. If you'd like to discuss another topic, be my guest.
(March 1, 2018 at 12:51 am)stretch3172 Wrote:
(March 1, 2018 at 12:39 am)chimp3 Wrote: How many hit and run posters do we get that just want assistance with some school project?

Teacher:

Fuck that!

FYI, you don't have to respond to anything, as this is a public forum. If you'd like to discuss another topic, be my guest.
Cunnilingus! Who ever thought that up was a genius!

(March 1, 2018 at 12:55 am)chimp3 Wrote:
(March 1, 2018 at 12:51 am)stretch3172 Wrote: FYI, you don't have to respond to anything, as this is a public forum. If you'd like to discuss another topic, be my guest.
Cunnilingus! Who ever thought that up was a genius!

It does sort of roll off the tongue, you might say.
(March 1, 2018 at 1:25 am)stretch3172 Wrote:
(March 1, 2018 at 12:55 am)chimp3 Wrote: Cunnilingus! Who ever thought that up was a genius!

Yes! I like it a lot! You! Let's not deal in innuendos. Since we are new found friends! Details! You!

(March 1, 2018 at 1:25 am)stretch3172 Wrote:
(March 1, 2018 at 12:55 am)chimp3 Wrote: Cunnilingus! Who ever thought that up was a genius!

Is your assignment part of a course you are taking or a task you were assigned as part of a research study?  Also, what is the goal of the study?

and if you still feel like answering questions.....  What is your undergraduate major and subject of masters thesis?

thanks
(March 1, 2018 at 1:30 am)rskovride Wrote:
(March 1, 2018 at 1:25 am)stretch3172 Wrote: It does sort of roll off the tongue, you might say.

Is your assignment part of a course you are taking or a task you were assigned as part of a research study?  Also, what is the goal of the study?

and if you still feel like answering questions.....  What is your undergraduate major and subject of masters thesis?

thanks

It's simply the final paper of a course I am taking called "Understanding Cultures and Worldviews." The goal is to accurately understand the worldviews of atheists and agnostics in terms of social structures, ontology, epistemology, and axiology (ethics) and describe said worldviews in their own words. My undergraduate degree is in philosophy (with an anthropology minor) from the University of South Carolina. My master's paper will be an exegetical project on the book of Hebrews.
Maybe we all ought to write up a "resume" of our views on all this shite, put it in one thread, and when one of these earnest young "researchers" come looking to bring us to jebus, they can see how ate up religion is. Might get a "convert" Rolleyes  or two. No two atheists are alike, the same as no two xtians are alike. Except for that sheeple part, of course. Think about it. Vorlie talks about schisms, but I can you tell from personal experience that the people who claim to be xtian are all over the map on what they believe, even if they go to the same church! I know devout Catholic men who have had vasectomies, and devout Catholic women who have had their tubes tied- they've run the Confirmation training at the church that I used to attend. I'd have to say that the principal identifier of an atheist is that they are WAY less hypocritical in what they say and think.

Of course, we would then become the most-quoted site for *ahem* researchers into the psyches of the dreaded atheist mind.

Feck.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(March 1, 2018 at 1:35 am)stretch3172 Wrote:
(March 1, 2018 at 1:30 am)rskovride Wrote: Is your assignment part of a course you are taking or a task you were assigned as part of a research study?  Also, what is the goal of the study?

thanks

It's simply the final paper of a course I am taking called "Understanding Cultures and Worldviews." The goal is to accurately understand the worldviews of atheists and agnostics in terms of social structures, ontology, epistemology, and axiology (ethics) and describe said worldviews in their own words. My undergraduate degree is in philosophy (with an anthropology minor) from the University of South Carolina. My master's paper will be an exegetical project on the book of Hebrews.

Atheism is not a culture.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The soft toys parents hope connect kids to their faith zebo-the-fat 13 1197 October 31, 2021 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  This Will Cause Believers To Lose Their Shit Minimalist 36 8474 March 30, 2018 at 11:14 am
Last Post: sdelsolray
  Republicans seem hell bent on proving their god does not exist Foxaèr 7 2210 December 23, 2017 at 4:23 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways? Greatest I am 129 18793 November 27, 2017 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Cod
  How do religious people react to their own arguments? Vast Vision 60 16148 July 9, 2017 at 2:16 am
Last Post: Astonished
  What gives a religion the right to claim their fantasy is correct and the rest false? Casca 62 6167 November 20, 2016 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  What is it with Christians here in the U.S. with shoving their beliefs on everyone GoHalos1993 12 2549 May 19, 2016 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Can anyone please refute these verses of Quran (or at least their interpretations)? despair1 34 6015 April 24, 2016 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Why are Christians so ignorant of their religions history and it's crimes GoHalos1993 24 7301 December 7, 2015 at 10:12 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Supporting Your Loved One without Supporting Their Religion? How? Rhondazvous 8 3341 October 27, 2015 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy