Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People are rude
People are rude
So I was wanting to get a chance to say hi and introduce myself to the new coworker in the office. I was at the urinal peeing and the new guy comes in and starts using the urinal next to me. So I smiled extended my hand for a handshake and said "hi Stan nice to meet you. I'm tegh." He looked at me in disgust for some reason and then looked back down towards his urinal. I then just finished, flushed, washed my hands, and left in silence.

I don't know why he acted so rudely. I was just trying to be a nice guy, you know, and welcome him to the new job. Maybe he's racist? I do look Jewish. I'm hoping he's just shy.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
RE: People are rude
Wait until he's in the shitter, then pop your head up over the door. He can't ignore you then. Freaking racist.
That kind of reminds me of the little prank we would play in elementary school. Walk up to someone and state, "Hi, my name is 'whatever', I'm from the planet 'whatever'," while holding out my hand to be shaken, "I like the color green," and after the other person shakes my hand, "and I wipe my butt with my hand."
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(August 10, 2013 at 3:32 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: So I was wanting to get a chance to say hi and introduce myself to the new coworker in the office. I was at the urinal peeing and the new guy comes in and starts using the urinal next to me. So I smiled extended my hand for a handshake and said "hi Stan nice to meet you. I'm tegh." He looked at me in disgust for some reason and then looked back down towards his urinal. I then just finished, flushed, washed my hands, and left in silence.

I don't know why he acted so rudely. I was just trying to be a nice guy, you know, and welcome him to the new job. Maybe he's racist? I do look Jewish. I'm hoping he's just shy.

Barbarians, the both of you. Mary Poppins would most certainly not approve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTXNvzTbe8Q
(August 10, 2013 at 3:32 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: So I was wanting to get a chance to say hi and introduce myself to the new coworker in the office. I was at the urinal peeing and the new guy comes in and starts using the urinal next to me. So I smiled extended my hand for a handshake and said "hi Stan nice to meet you. I'm tegh." He looked at me in disgust for some reason and then looked back down towards his urinal. I then just finished, flushed, washed my hands, and left in silence.

Perhaps you should have complimented him for his aim? I dunno, some people are just weird.
what a douche.

Same thing happens to me only different. Girls don't like it when I compliment their shoes as they pee in the stall next to me. Douches, I'm telling you.
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
(August 10, 2013 at 10:50 pm)Ivy Wrote: what a douche.

Same thing happens to me only different. Girls don't like it when I compliment their shoes as they pee in the stall next to me. Douches, I'm telling you.

Not unusual - they really hate when I do that, too. Doh
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
Next time, don't reach for his hand.
It's due to some of those situations that I try my best of avoiding urinals.
(August 10, 2013 at 3:32 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: So I smiled extended my hand for a handshake...

You can hold your junk with only one hand? Thinking

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  White people vs black people reaction to magic Fidel_Castronaut 3 2085 July 25, 2013 at 5:32 am
Last Post: GodIsDead