Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 11:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the meaning behind your username?
What is the meaning behind your username?
Maelstrom.

It has nothing to do with WoW, which I have never played.

Maelstrom is a marvel villain.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individua...lstrom.htm

[Image: maelstrom.gif]

Which is also why I use the epitaph The Cosmic Assassin.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: What is the meaning behind your username?
Rev.- I am a minister in the Universal Life Church. It's basically an organisation that ordains people for free regardless of actual beliefs. Just fill out a form on ulc.net, and, depending on the state, you can potentially legally marry people. Of course, for $20, you can get a doctorate, like Hunter S. Thompson did, but I never needed to.

Rye- My favourite novel is "The Catcher in the Rye."
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Many years ago at Archaeologica.org while I was still scoping it out I noted a particularly nutty jesus freak. A total literal fundie right down to Adam and fucking Eve and the globe covering flood. Deciding then and there to make myself his personal tormenter I chose the name Minimalist to honor the school of thought of professors, Lemche, Davies, Whitlam and Thompson - even though I don't agree with all of their ideas - and made him my special project. Shortly thereafter I created Oy Veder as my Jewish sock puppet to double-team him.

Eventually he got banned and things were fairly boring for a while until one day I got a PM at Jesusneverexisted.com with an invitation from an old pal to join a board called Kokobridge based in South Korea because they had a fundie there who needed an ass-kicking. Sure enough. It was the same guy and he was less than happy to see me...although he greeted Oy Veder warmly enough as Oy is always unfailingly polite.

Unlike me.

Eventually he got banned from there, too.

By then, "Minimalist" had kind of grown on me so I kept it.
You should run for your life!

Actualy it is a stupid joke about what is usualy "The British are coming".
I might as well add the name I started with on this site.

It was Mr. Infidel.

I chose that for two reasons.

First, I was famously known as the Infidel Riot on the MySpace religious forums before the site decided to forgo with the forums.

Secondly, the term Mr was a rather convoluted term in an old forum on Bolt. It denoted those were above the petty ignorance of those with lesser intelligence.
~ Erin Hunter
Ivy

My name is Ivania. Friends and clients call me Ivy for short. Plus, I have a crush on Poison Ivy.
[Image: poisonIvy_zps74707c6a.jpg]

Former user name was jrsm_10. When I started here and was asked for a user name, I thought it was more like a login. Just a bunch of letters and a number. The ten is for Chipper Jones (player #10) from the Braves (baseball team from Atlanta).
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
(August 16, 2013 at 12:35 am)Ivy Wrote: Former user name was jrsm_10.

I recognize it.
~ Erin Hunter
Rather than a lengthy background it has multiple small backgrounds. As per computers, void is somewhat of an attribute. If a method is void, it is supposed to return nothing.

As per science, a void is empty space. Or presumably empty space.

Walking Void is also my triumph over my childhood. It is cold, but at least I made it out alive.
I originally started as a Christian apologist on AF.com with the username "ReasonToFollow". By now, you've probably realised I'm not a Christian. So to represent how my world was flipped upside down, I took ReasonToFollow (RTF) and flipped it into FTR and found words to fit that acronym which described my transition.

I've always been fascinated by symbolism in ancient religions, so that was the motivating factor as to why I was so "cryptic" about my new username.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
When me and my sister were kids, we used a nickname, Kajenn, when we played video games together. (My actual name is Kajsa and hers is Jenny.) I twisted it a bit further and it became Kayenneh.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gospel I can get behind. no one 1 426 December 16, 2023 at 5:42 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What does your username mean? vulcanlogician 46 2625 February 11, 2022 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  I could change my username again...... Foxaèr 29 1462 June 7, 2020 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Your username in meme form! ignoramus 45 3041 June 23, 2018 at 9:44 am
Last Post: Joods
  Give the person above you a new username. Foxaèr 372 27197 June 22, 2018 at 2:22 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  My username change Foxaèr 41 5946 May 1, 2018 at 11:21 pm
Last Post: Joods
  New username suggestions Foxaèr 33 3343 April 2, 2018 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  My username Alexmahone 9 1313 March 22, 2018 at 9:30 am
Last Post: Mystic
  Unless she changed her username... Foxaèr 7 912 March 1, 2018 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Losty
  The True Meaning of The 25th Of December BrianSoddingBoru4 16 2575 December 24, 2016 at 3:49 pm
Last Post: Alex K